• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Good News out of mgm for ASA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
that has nothing to do with rebranding though. delta wants the regional branding gone. notice the little asa on the nose, thats there cause its required.

When is the useless legal disclaimer "operated by Atlantic Southeast Airlines using their equipment" going to go away?

Surely it will not help Delta in the Comair disaster, though those "notices" are clearly aimed at defending against responsibility for subcontractor negligence.

What a world we live in! Sleaze is rewarded with paychecks several orders of magnitude larger than that paid to those who behave responsibly!

I've got a strong inclination that our 900 flying is going to come at the expense of Mesa. Watch what happens when the 20 mil per month influx stops with Mesa. They're already sucking water.

I am very curious to know exactly who financed the 900's Mesa is flying. If I'm not mistaken, they were purchased by Delta and awarded to Mesa. Anyone have the scoop on this?

I would like to see bigger airplanes. From a business sense, it makes sense. Bigger airplanes lower CASM. It is my understanding that Skywest wants just that- to be west of the Mississippi. Atlantic Southeast would be taking the flying that is east of the Mississippi. Another funny rumor I heard was the renaming of ASA to SkyEast, in order to escape the bad press.

I personally talked to a couple of maintenance guys that confirmed that the aluminum "ASA" badging will be removed from the aft bulkhead (by the lav) in all of our aircraft. I was trying to get details on how to aquire one for my office, but apparently they have to be accounted for and turned in to the maintenance "Higher Up's". I guess it is some sort of trade mark issue.

You know, I'm all for renaming ASA. To me it stands for "good ol' boy network, with really poor service." We have a new Leader, New Outlook, New high quality service. I'd like to start fresh and new with an Airline that's living up to its promises.

Trojan

That is F'n funny stuff on Lisa W. !!! I have often thought similar about her.

Two thoughts.

1) Brad is a pilot, running the ship, how many other airlines have or had a president that began as a pilot? I think I'm correct on this, I'm sure I'll be corrected if not. Point being, a pilot understands the front line if he takes the time to.

2) CREWS!!, get you and your damn FA's off the plane on a turn when your passengers are off. This stuff matters now!

Medeco

Didn't Comair have Fred Butt something runni' dem fo awhile or wuz it DCI... either way he sucked.... Bouyyyyyy....

I don't think Brad is done cleaning house yet. My money is on Brad. As soon as the FA's contract is done Eva will be shown the door. ( you know she wants to spend more time with her family) I damn sure don't belive Brad is afraid of some law suit that LW might file if she is shown the door also. ( BS on the threat) By the end of 08 they will both be gone. Is there any one else left that needs to go?

701EV

YES!!! Every single idiot in CREWPAY!!!!

4 months in a row my check has been screwed up.

Remember, ASA is STILL ridiculously profitable, because we are soooooooooooo LOW COST. To shrink or not grow means that changes. BAD BUSINESS. SKW INC is ridiculously profitable because of their conscious efforts to LOWER costs, not raise them. It's simple economics, Joe. Do you really believe SkyW could grow so fast and efficiently to mitigate the costs involved with shrinking ASA? The second that happens, all that Brad has done evaporates and we become expensive. We need to ride this momentum.

Trojan[/quote]

I really don't think that there is a line-flying pilot out there that REALLY knows which airline is 'low cost.' I really don't know if ASA is 'low cost', relative to other competing airlines. It's almost impossible to tell from the cockpit.

With that in mind, I think that a more likely reason for ASA's profitability is the contract we have with Delta. Objectively looking at the business results over the last few years, it seems that ASA is successful financially, even last summer when nothing was working right, because of the structure of the contract with Delta.

If I were to occupy one of the managerial offices at the Kremlin, I would not be thrilled with one of my subcontractors making money while I wasn't.

I don't know if it is wise to trumpet ASA's financial success at this time. I strongly doubt that our next contract with Delta will be as lucrative for ASA as the last one, regardless of performance.

Now, all that being said, I concur with everything that's been said of the change in leadership. It baffles me as to why the prior leadership couldn't have accomplished similar results.

I was trying to describe the difference at ASA from last summer to this summer with a van driver the other day. As we were climbing above 10K, it hit me as to why ASA is doing better: for the first time, we are trying to do it right, as opposed to trying to do it cheap. I'm not embarrassed anymore to tell people in Atlanta where I work.

Not to mention why would they be investing the money they are in moveing the entire operation of the GO, and the Maint Hanger, and destroying a buliding to build a parking lot for all employees?

Medeco

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back