Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Good flight schools to instruct at.......

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

pgcfii2002

"Uh....oh yeah...&quo
Looking at AZ, CA, NM, CO.........anywhere basically.

Welp, ERAU Prescott is usually hiring at certain times of the year. Even though I might not agree with some of ERAU's practices, it's still a damn good place to work.

-$15.31/hr until 750 dual given, then $17.75/hr until 1200 dual given. After that, it goes up to something like $20.30/hr. Pretty decent cash for northern AZ.
-Guaranteed students.
-Full benefits (medical/dental/vision).
-403(b) retirement account.
-New(er) equipment, including some cool toys like ADS-B.
-Free tuition for undergraduate/graduate courses. I'm going to start on a Masters next semester. Why the hell not? It's free.

Anyway, just a thought.

Those ERAU perks sound pretty sweet. I think Mesa Pilot Development in Farmington NM would be nice. They'll give you an MEI to instruct in their Barons after 6 months of instructing in their A36es. Pay is good and they pretty much guarantee you'll instruct 1000 hrs per year. Folks I've talked to that instructed there said the gig was great but the company sux so they didn't want to stay too long.

Thanks.....I haven't instructed in a little over a year....looking to get back into the game.

What about housing in Prescott?

Don't let your recency get you down. I'd barely flown in 2 years prior to my interview with ERAU, and I got the job. I was barely current and put down a pretty crappy interview flight, but the new-hire training will take care of the kinks.

Housing...not bad, but it's getting more expensive. Houses in Prescott itself are getting more expensive, but Prescott Valley is still relatively cheap. Versus somewhere like Socal though, it's cheap as hell. I rent a 1600 sqft. house here in Prescott (3 bed, 2 bath) for $1200/month.

Wow, I'm surprised they hired you with so little recency.

How much do 1/1 apartments go for?

What is the average monthly pay there at Riddle?

bad haha, no seriously its not really that great. The one good thing is the benifits. I worked there for a year and made 13,000 bring home and I worked my ass off. After graduation there, it was the easiest job to get out of the door. Good expirience, just lousy pay.

I have 2 buddys there that are senior flight instructors whom give checkrides and made about the same this year. You are not going to get rich thats a fact. But the benifits are good...

There are better jobs out there you just have to look. I am sure people like it there, just was not my cup of tea. Also are you good at monitering a sim?

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back