• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Good Article on AWA/AAA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What I thought was completely funny the other day was the usair to Cactus switch over. I flew up and down the eastern seaboard that day. Never heard so many "usair" or "usair/cactus" flight number. One controller told an aircraft to knock it off and use the correct call signal the usair guys came back with some childish retort.

Usair guys, not all, but most are a bunch of childish little babys that fell for all the Union Kool-Aid over the years. They failed to see the reality of their situation and choose to blame a group that had nothing to do with their precarious situation.

Probably the most complete, accurate, and least condescending article I have ever seen on the debacle that is the new USAirways.

I was checking in for a flight on Cactus the day after the merger was announced. I asked the ticket agent what Parker had been smoking. She thought the merger was a great idea. I wonder if she still thinks so.

I'll go ahead and spoil the ending for everyone. The author concedes that East won over West...

They won the Election. That's all she said. Not hard to do when you outnumber the other side 2 to 1.

Just another typical East Azzhole leaving out the bulk of the story and hoping the rest of the world is too stupid to notice. F.U..

Aside from that, USAPA has accomplished nothing. Each and every one of them and their supporters are nothing but cowardly pieces of sh** and the West will never stop pounding them until they're dead and buried.

Decent article, but quite obviously slanted west.

I lost count of how many times she (wrongly) says that negotiations can't proceed without a list.

it affects every pilot at US Airways that they can't begin to negotiate a new contract until they have a seniority list.

AND:

But until they hash out their union problems, they simply can't begin negotiating with US Airways brass.

This, of course, isn't true. Negotiations are taking place, and there is a schedule for more this month, next month, etc. It's about the normal pace for these talks.

Anyway, I especially like how some west pilot got the writer to use the word "scab" in the improper, meaningless way that y'all use it. Nice touch :)

Is there a lawsuit yet by the West guys to force the union formed to screw them to accept the binding arbitration award?

Decent article, but quite obviously slanted west.

I didn't think it was slanted West at all. It just laid out the facts. An objective, intellectually honest assessment of the situation concludes that the East leadership continues to cling to an untenable demand and refuses to acknowledge the BINDING arbitration decision of an arbitrator THAT THEY SELECTED. The article made that conclusion patently obvious to any non-aviation reader. Passion and self-righteousness on both sides have clouded the underlying argument to the point that resolution is highly unlikely.

Latest resources

Back