Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Good…embarrassing…or just plain out of touch?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm old enough to remember the 10% 'luxury tax'.

The same types of people who are now saying 'rich people don't really care about tax increases, they'll still buy planes and boats even if they cost a bit more' were saying it then.

The luxury tax was part of a tax comprise plan demanded by Democrats. It was going to help balance the budget and restore fairness to the tax code. Sound familiar?

People with rudimentary understanding of economics knew that when you raises taxes on something, you get less of that thing. Then as now, this simple concept fell on the deaf ears of the moocher class.

Even most conservative economic observers were shocked at the magnitude of the economic disaster caused by the luxury tax.

American custom boat building was pretty much wiped out, as sales of American made custom boats fell to almost zero. Custom boat building moved to Taiwan. Private aircraft sales of airplanes hit by the tax (those priced above $250000) were crippled.

It cost more to administer the luxury tax than the tax ever collected.

To give credit to Bubba, even though he promised higher taxes, he did help kill the insane luxury tax.

The same is about to happen again. Democrats are going to force insane tax hikes with the sole purpose of satisfying the emotional needs of the moocher class.

Most Democrat leaders (other than the Choomster) know that raising taxes during a recession will drive the economy deeper into the ditch, they don't care.

Senior Democrats will still get rich. They'll get jobs as 7 figure 'coordinators' in non-profits, subsidized green energy firms, or lobbying firms.

It's only the proles like you and me who will suffer.

This....Great post & extremely accurate.

Even the very liberal Washington Post has noticed that it is the President, not the Republicans, who is refusing any sort bi-partisan compromise that would avoid the fiscal cliff.

OHGOON: "Democrats did not then, nor do they now, ever practice the kind of lock step, slash and burn, party first country last, scorched earth tactics that are so in vogue with your crowd today."

After being hectored, browbeaten and kicked in the 'nads by their leadership, just how many Democrats voted against Obamacare?

I can only dream of a day when the Republican leadership has enough balls to round up their crowd to vote the party line.

Goon and Jim, do either of you think anyone is reading your post but each other? If you can not make your point in 1 or 2 paragraphs, you are in the wrong venue.
Helm

Goon and Jim, do either of you think anyone is reading your post but each other? If you can not make your point in 1 or 2 paragraphs, you are in the wrong venue.
Helm

Yes, you just illustrated the problem with most of the American public. If it's not easily packaged with quick and obvious answers, you and they become unwilling to deal with it. That's why Twitter is so popular and newspapers are not these days. Everyone knows about who stepped out with no underwear but no one has a clue who and what actually runs the country. There is no room for nuance and gray areas anymore. I apologize for maxing out your attention span.

I actually was trying to refute the numerous erroneous positions that Jimntexas continues to take one at a time. It's really not my fault that he attempts to argue exclusively with misleading soundbites. They may be shorter but they are at best inaccurate and at worst ignorant.

Yes, you just illustrated the problem with most of the American public. If it's not easily packaged with quick and obvious answers, you and they become unwilling to deal with it. That's why Twitter is so popular and newspapers are not these days. Everyone knows about who stepped out with no underwear but no one has a clue who and what actually runs the country. There is no room for nuance and gray areas anymore. I apologize for maxing out your attention span.

I actually was trying to refute the numerous erroneous positions that Jimntexas continues to take one at a time. It's really not my fault that he attempts to argue exclusively with misleading soundbites. They may be shorter but they are at best inaccurate and at worst ignorant.

Somewhat condescending aren’t we?

It is nice that you think we’re all Neanderthals and want to improve our lot, but we do seem to get by.

Helm is right and you’re flat out wrong.

gret,

not somewhat really but actually full on brother! It was meant to be and fully deserved.

However, I never tagged anyone as a Neanderthal but if you identify, by all means, who am I to stop you. You also keep making the same fundamental error by assuming "all" here are on your side. Sadly typical for someone terminally stuck inside a bubble.

Of course you like Helm's little potshots. They contain no factual information that actually add anything to the overall conversation but instead are lame attempts at personal putdowns. It burns him, you, and some others of the conservo world that you just can't seem to out-reason my arguments. It bothers you that at unguarded moments some of what I've posted actually seeped past what you believed to be an invulnerable fortress of superior ideology. Since that makes you uncomfortable you try to kill the messenger instead.

Or put another way. I'm not wrong, flat out or otherwise.

go GOON go !!!

Latest resources

Back