• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Goldman

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think Goldman will buy in at some point. The question is what will they do when they buy in? Will anything change?

Hansell can handle Santulli... Right?

Santulli will be back.

Goldman, Santulli, and Jacobs... Not to mention a few other large institutions with mutual underlying strategic interests. But not in the way people may think. An 800 airplane operation where less than 250 of those planes provide solid positive margins isn't the way of the future. NetJets could have dominated for a long time to come, had DLS and team not screwed the pooch. They divided to product offering, therefore they divided the market. Long-term they have created competition where there was little to none.

Sadly, thanks to DLS, his team, and a poorly constructed and implemented plan very few have strategic interests aligned with NetJets anymore; maybe, and I stress maybe, the Brazilians and Canadians.

NetJets WAS an industry-wide solution offering many aircraft options. The industry will find or develop the solutions it needs. In about a year Santulli's rumored noncompete will expire, then who knows what? But what is known is that many of the heavy hitters are brainstorming and talking and that's not good for NetJets. Anyone think GD and Gulfstream are going to sit on the sidelines while listening to Buffett and Dichter pump Globals on CNBC? By the way, what are NetJets customers flying today? Not Globals. As an example, CitationAir is doing quite well.

Today Goldman owns 100% of First and roughly half of HBC (where Boisture is ceo). The Goldman exec that invested in NetJets early on and wanted to buy it oversees both First and HBC.

I would feel better about NetJets future if management would focus on the future, rather than "honking" blogs.

But this is all just one person's opinion in a cruel and uncertain world.

I dont understand why some people want Santulli back. All he did was spend someone else's money and never earn a return. That is easy to do. Let's get someone that can make a profit, a real one.

Latest resources

Back