GoJets

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Reply to RICFA

Not to support any comments from Ho jet guys, but RICFA I have to let you know that you are wrong in stating we do not have reduced overnights scheduled. And even if we did not, why would you brag about that. Reduced Rest can equal more time off (not always). I am fairly senior in STL and have to tell you I just had a reduced BNA at 8:46 scheduled. RR is good if scheduled properly. Example if I am holding 15 days off and someone is holding 11 days off and we fly 85 hours. This means I am spending less time on the road for the same pay. i.e. less rest on the road (and or better utilization). This can also make trips commutable. Start late the 1st day. RR the 3rd day and finish the 4th by 1pm.

Anyway I'll stop rambling.

As far as Ho jet guys. Think what you will but what I am about to tell you is 100 % true.

This is direct from the mouth of a major airline recruiter whom I know. I asked said person if ho jet guys can continue on with no ramification. Said person said "I would advise anyone against this, I know I will not advance their resume and besides if they did slip through cracks it would be hard to do as we post their (resume)places of employment on a board for our crews to comment on. We have a lot of TSA guys here."

End quote. Call me a liar, whatever, but I am not a person who posts all the time here pumping crap. This is the gods honest truth.

So good luck to you and to anyone considering go jet I would think long and hard. I'll admit it sounds attractive, CPT of a 70 seater, quick PIC. Problem is if you apply to other airlines will it come back to bite you? Even if it was a slim chance would you want to chance the years and money you have invested in yourself? I came to the conclusion that it would not be worth the risk.

How is all of this upgrading possible from a company that hasn't even been in existence for a year and has a combined total of maybe 150 pilots? More misinformation from the trash of flightinfo and the airways.

The upgrade course at GoJet is roughly 10 days long. There is no misinformation here. From what I hear, GoJet has higher Captain attrition, and TSA has higher FO attrition (as a percentage). Looking at the guys talking about interviews at GoJet, I don't see the Captain attrition trend slowing down anytime soon.

It is just unbelievable to me that there are people that actually believe that working for GoJet will stop the careers of their pilots. They get all their information talking to their misinformed friends or reading this message board, and now they are subject experts. Then they become shocked when they hear that GoJet pilots' careers progress no differently from anyone else's.

As far as Ho jet guys. Think what you will but what I am about to tell you is 100 % true.

This is direct from the mouth of a major airline recruiter whom I know. I asked said person if ho jet guys can continue on with no ramification. Said person said "I would advise anyone against this, I know I will not advance their resume and besides if they did slip through cracks it would be hard to do as we post their (resume)places of employment on a board for our crews to comment on. We have a lot of TSA guys here."

End quote. Call me a liar, whatever, but I am not a person who posts all the time here pumping crap. This is the gods honest truth.

So good luck to you and to anyone considering go jet I would think long and hard. I'll admit it sounds attractive, CPT of a 70 seater, quick PIC. Problem is if you apply to other airlines will it come back to bite you? Even if it was a slim chance would you want to chance the years and money you have invested in yourself? I came to the conclusion that it would not be worth the risk.

Sure. We've heard that one before from CAL, Southwest, etc., yet we have people going to those places without problems. It's the same old song and dance.

Now, if your "friend" is a recruiter at this big airline, and you are a senior Captain as you said in your post, why haven't you gone there? I'm not saying you are lying...it just sounds funny. Are you sure this isn't something someone told you in the crew room? And he actually said "slipped through the cracks" like what everyone has been saying on this message board? Maybe he surfs the regional boards here at flightinfo! And you remember his conversation enough that he forgot to say the word "resume", like you transcribed it?

This stuff cracks me up. It's all the entertainment I can stand for the next few weeks.

Adios -

FF

It is just unbelievable to me that there are people that actually believe that working for GoJet will stop the careers of their pilots. They get all their information talking to their misinformed friends or reading this message board, and now they are subject experts. Then they become shocked when they hear that GoJet pilots' careers progress no differently from anyone else's.

What is shocking to me is that you will say black is white and white is black.

You find one or two gojet pilots who leave gojet after hiding their identity, lying about what airline they work for, and dodging all the other pilots' enmity in the industry, and you claim that "

Gojet pilot's careers progress no differently."

Now that is comedy.

response to fuleflow

Not a SR CPT , fairly SR FO.

Last and official public response to you is, and you have probably heard it in life before.

Anything I have ever came across that seem too easy to achieve or too hard to believe usually is. Or try this one. Nothing worth having comes easy.

So if someone told me they would hire me as a Street Captain in a 121 operation flying a CRJ700, I would have to seriously ask what was wrong?

Enough said.

Not a SR CPT , fairly SR FO.

Last and official public response to you is, and you have probably heard it in life before.

Anything I have ever came across that seem too easy to achieve or too hard to believe usually is. Or try this one. Nothing worth having comes easy.

So if someone told me they would hire me as a Street Captain in a 121 operation flying a CRJ700, I would have to seriously ask what was wrong?

Enough said.

WELL PUT, NO MORE POST NEEDED ON GAY JETS, JUST READ ABOVE!!!

35OFF

One of the best posts ever.... short and right to the point..

FF, as I said earlier.. there will always be people who slip through the cracks. But let me ask you this, of the original 50 or so people on my list, there were some junior TSA Capt's and senior FO's who crossed the line.
I know a few of these people wanted/want to get PIC time and go somewhere else. FedEx, UPS, SouthWest.
How are THEY doing? Saw GB on a van today and seems he's still at GJ. Been a year already...

As I stated earlier, if someone has ALOT of time because they were at TWA, AA, or some other carrier and came to GJ just to get current again and move on.. well, they just might.
But for someone without PIC time thinking that going the easy route to "steal" time from those who laid the foundation for GJ only to have it offered to a lower bidder.. will reap the benifits and get on with a larger carrier in the future... Well, there are enough ex TSA pilots out there now who will let their companies know what kind of individual a GJ pilot is. Obviously, not a team player, but a pilot looking to get over on his fellow pilots.

Just how I (and MANY others) feel...

35OFF

FF, as I said earlier.. there will always be people who slip through the cracks. But let me ask you this, of the original 50 or so people on my list, there were some junior TSA Capt's and senior FO's who crossed the line.
I know a few of these people wanted/want to get PIC time and go somewhere else. FedEx, UPS, SouthWest.
How are THEY doing? Saw GB on a van today and seems he's still at GJ. Been a year already...

As I stated earlier, if someone has ALOT of time because they were at TWA, AA, or some other carrier and came to GJ just to get current again and move on.. well, they just might.
But for someone without PIC time thinking that going the easy route to "steal" time from those who laid the foundation for GJ only to have it offered to a lower bidder.. will reap the benifits and get on with a larger carrier in the future... Well, there are enough ex TSA pilots out there now who will let their companies know what kind of individual a GJ pilot is. Obviously, not a team player, but a pilot looking to get over on his fellow pilots.

Motch:
Well said, especially the bolded part!
Many legacy's majors will be hiring in the coming year!

35OFF

Just wanted to give a shout out and say "hi" to the TSA guys, and also say that there has been quite a few ex-TSA guys coming to Allegiant lately...so I don't think we'll be seeing any GJers coming here.

I have worked at gojet for 9 months and have just accepted a first officer postion with Southwest Airlines. Just to let you know.

Latest resources

Back