GoJet Questions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Guppydriver,
I went to work for Gojet around the end of 2006, for the same reasons that you’re talking about. (Except I never did my research), I used to think that Gojet never hurt the industry… boy was I wrong, people care and always will. Did it hurt my chances to move on? NO. But do you really want that thought in the back of your mind every time you apply for a job. Best of luck in your decision, I hope something better come up for you.
Best of luck to you and your family,
Sword..

Guppydriver,
I went to work for Gojet around the end of 2006, for the same reasons that you’re talking about. (Except I never did my research), I used to think that Gojet never hurt the industry… boy was I wrong, people care and always will. Did it hurt my chances to move on? NO. But do you really want that thought in the back of your mind every time you apply for a job. Best of luck in your decision, I hope something better come up for you.
Best of luck to you and your family,
Sword..

I find this interesting because I commute to work on different airlines and I still have crews asking me who GoJet is?? (mainly in the Northwest part of the country) Not many mind you...but some.This has been hammered so many times I think I'm just going to start cutting and pasting to save my fingers. The pilots at GoJet have done absolutly nothing wrong. Management made GoJet to get around the A/A scope clause. The pilots of TSA turned down the flying with alot of pushing from Dario and ALPA. The airline was going to be started with or without TSA pilots. The TSA pilots decided to listen to very bad advice and paid the price. I'm not reccomending anyone come here. This is Trans States Airlines with the same horrible Management, maintenance, schedules etc....it just says GoJet on the plane. Why anyone would stay at either airline longer than needed is beyond me.

I find this interesting because I commute to work on different airlines and I still have crews asking me who GoJet is?? (mainly in the Northwest part of the country) Not many mind you...but some.This has been hammered so many times I think I'm just going to start cutting and pasting to save my fingers. The pilots at GoJet have done absolutly nothing wrong. Management made GoJet to get around the A/A scope clause. The pilots of TSA turned down the flying with alot of pushing from Dario and ALPA. The airline was going to be started with or without TSA pilots. The TSA pilots decided to listen to very bad advice and paid the price. I'm not reccomending anyone come here. This is Trans States Airlines with the same horrible Management, maintenance, schedules etc....it just says GoJet on the plane. Why anyone would stay at either airline longer than needed is beyond me.

I for one appreciate the info.

I can think of at least one former GJ pilot, initial cadre no less, who is now at Delta, so the major pilot hiring committes dont give a royal damn about where you came from.

Before GJ, he was at Chicago Express I believe. I was in GJ Dispatch, also Initial Cadre, and he sat behind me in systems class

I work at GoJet and so far, I don't have anything bad to say at all. If you are looking for a job, I would not let a few haters on here discourage you. Where else can you get a flying job in the United States? The pay is the same as everywhere else. The schedules aren't bad. And, the pilot group is made up of mostly furloughed guys from major airlines. I think anyone who would pass up the opportunity just because of some cranky dudes around here is a fool.

Last edited:
This may matter.

I know several people who were furloughed from ASA, and hired at GOJETS. When they reported to class, they all had to sign and mail, in class, a template type letter to ASA resigning their position and forfeiting all recall rights.

I know this happened to 3 pilots. I am guessing it may be required to work there if you are furloughed from another carrier. CHECK IT OUT!

Someone on this board should be able to confirm that issue.

Those who are thinking about this should probably listen to swordfish. I remember him defending working at GoJet a few years ago just like you guys are now. Now look at his statements! He's seen after leaving that people really do care about it. Listen to the man that has experienced it first-hand before you make a big mistake.

swordfish, I'm glad to see that you've changed your mind. Good man. Where you at now?

1. Most people have never heard of GoJets....only the 10% of us or so who follow the industry closely have any idea.

2. If you don't work for GoJets....somebody else will...Any one person refusing to apply to GoJets will not change things one way or the other.

3. GoJets is just one of many alter-ego carriers...Some were created by ALPA (Compass and MidAtlantic). Others were indirectly created by mainline scope restrictions and the law of unintended consequences (Freedom, GoJets, and Republic).

4. The only ones who really get their panties in a wad over GoJets are the ALPA cheerleaders because it is yet another example of ALPA's failures.

5. In this economy and this business, any job you can get is a good one....Unless you are waiting for Obama to pay your mortgage....

1. Most people have never heard of GoJets....only the 10% of us or so who follow the industry closely have any idea.

2. If you don't work for GoJets....somebody else will...Any one person refusing to apply to GoJets will not change things one way or the other.

3. GoJets is just one of many alter-ego carriers...Some were created by ALPA (Compass and MidAtlantic). Others were indirectly created by mainline scope restrictions and the law of unintended consequences (Freedom, GoJets, and Republic).

4. The only ones who really get their panties in a wad over GoJets are the ALPA cheerleaders because it is yet another example of ALPA's failures.

5. In this economy and this business, any job you can get is a good one....Unless you are waiting for Obama to pay your mortgage....

Very well said. Especially number 2. The damage was already done in 2005 by TSA themselves, not by anyone else. GJ pilots came after the no vote, not before. People are out of their minds if they think they can change their failures of letting a separate list happen. What kind of irresponsible alpa leadership would allow that to happen?

"hey guys if we don't accept this contract instead of a pie in the sky one that we are asking for, hulas will just form a separate list which will be the end of TSA. Around 2009, 4 years from now it could be so bad that not only do we not have anew contract but we could also be in a strike"

UHHH... YES FOR ME! just like eagle, rah, mesa pilots had to say to stop any alter egos.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back