• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

GoJet Questions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Tarzan......TSA pilots, with alot of pushing from ALPA and Dario screwed up. They (you) can't even be man enough to admit it. Secure the flying then work on the other issuses. The other operators lost ALOT to get one list. TSA thought they were "above" that. They found out otherwise. You and others are living in the past. Any way you look at it........it happened. Learn from it and move on rather than sit around, pout, cry and kick your feet like a two year old that needs a spanking.

So, GoJet rejected ya huh??

I would love to see these "many" pilots you speak of. Keep throwing the sand around. The Regionals are so much like Jr High school the similarities are stunning.

Son, you know not of what you speak. I was ex-TSA, hired there in mid '01. Left for much greener pastures two years back. I indeed know more than six pilots, colleagues of mine from both major airlines and fractionals who are furloughed and wouldn't even consider applying to GoJet. Not withstanding the ugly history of GoJet, they simply refuse to sacrifice their quality of life to work for crappy wages and a morally-bankrupt management. They have the educational background, self-confidence, and determination to find gainful employment outside of flying until they are recalled to their carrier.

While these character traits may be foreign to you, they open up a world of opportunity outside of flying for those so inclined to pursue them. Even in these trying economic times.

For you and the rest of those whose only hope of employment is selling out to sit in the right seat of a GJ jet, enjoy. The rest of us are doing just fine without it, thank you.

Tarzan......TSA pilots, with alot of pushing from ALPA and Dario screwed up. They (you) can't even be man enough to admit it. Secure the flying then work on the other issuses. The other operators lost ALOT to get one list. TSA thought they were "above" that. They found out otherwise. You and others are living in the past. Any way you look at it........it happened. Learn from it and move on rather than sit around, pout, cry and kick your feet like a two year old that needs a spanking.

Wow! Not even man enough.......

I was there. I watched the entire process unfold. Had it not been for the clause that allowed TSH furlough out of seniority and the ridiculous fences they propsed, it likely would have happened. I believed we should have secured the flying first and fought later. Dario did us no favors either. However, it does not excuse the pilots that were complicit in this fiasco called Go Jet either.

I have no qualms with the folks that go there now. However, the guys with the hire date that preceded the NMB decision, have done me no favors.

Wow! Not even man enough.......

I was there. I watched the entire process unfold. Had it not been for the clause that allowed TSH furlough out of seniority and the ridiculous fences they propsed, it likely would have happened. I believed we should have secured the flying first and fought later. Dario did us no favors either. However, it does not excuse the pilots that were complicit in this fiasco called Go Jet either.

I have no qualms with the folks that go there now. However, the guys with the hire date that preceded the NMB decision, have done me no favors.

agreed

Son, you know not of what you speak. I was ex-TSA, hired there in mid '01. Left for much greener pastures two years back. I indeed know more than six pilots, colleagues of mine from both major airlines and fractionals who are furloughed and wouldn't even consider applying to GoJet. Not withstanding the ugly history of GoJet, they simply refuse to sacrifice their quality of life to work for crappy wages and a morally-bankrupt management. They have the educational background, self-confidence, and determination to find gainful employment outside of flying until they are recalled to their carrier.

While these character traits may be foreign to you, they open up a world of opportunity outside of flying for those so inclined to pursue them. Even in these trying economic times.

For you and the rest of those whose only hope of employment is selling out to sit in the right seat of a GJ jet, enjoy. The rest of us are doing just fine without it, thank you.

But yet you and others berate, talk down and belittle anyone who chooses to come here during this economic downturn. Many people in this industry need to heed some advice:

"You worry about you and let me worry about me"

I find some of this childish behavior quite childish due to the fact that at my old freight company they had to bid for contracts also. In fact, another company won a contract to fly freight to one of the cities we served and they park at the exact same ramp we do (did). Do my former coworkers run over and be childish and talk bad to them?? No, unlike the Regional biz they are all professionals. They talk, laugh and joke around. While that scenerio is not the exact same problem between GoJet and TSA I feel a lesson could be learned. But, too many "professionals" in the regional business choose to act like two year olds. Be as it may. I am glad that you found greener pastures to graze. It seems to me that almost any place is better than this craphole called TSH regardless which side of the fence you stand on. This place is a craphole bottom feeder and always will be. I still don't understand how or why anyone would stay at this horrible place longer than necessary.

However, it does not excuse the pilots that were complicit in this fiasco called Go Jet either.

What people are trying to tell you that you are barking up the wrong tree. I'm glad that you are saying that you don't have any problems with the guys going now but pilots are not involved in any management decisions. It is just easier to blame us for your frustrations because we are visible. But you and I know that nothing can come out of bashing each other. What happened in 05 is of no consequence to anybody right now, it's a job. Plus I still say you secure the flying, it couldn't have possibly been worse than what is happening now to TSA.

What people are trying to tell you that you are barking up the wrong tree. I'm glad that you are saying that you don't have any problems with the guys going now but pilots are not involved in any management decisions. It is just easier to blame us for your frustrations because we are visible. But you and I know that nothing can come out of bashing each other. What happened in 05 is of no consequence to anybody right now, it's a job. Plus I still say you secure the flying, it couldn't have possibly been worse than what is happening now to TSA.

What the problem is here is not barking up the wrong tree, it is apologists like yourself telling me I have it all wrong. I read the proposal. I saw what was happening. I don't need you to explain to me how I have it all wrong and Go Jet is a wonderful airline.

I know what the deal was and you don't have it right in your explanation. You keep trying to tie this to a management decision. That is BS. When this whole thing went down, it was a bunch of turds make a seniority grab. What they did was not honorable nor was just getting a job. EVERYBODY WAS HIRING! Don't equate this to a management thing. There were a whole bunch of pilot who were very complicit and in bed with Hulas, Mike White and the rest of the Unholy of Unholy's in that place.

Last edited:
There were 3 alter-ego carriers that were a direct result of flawed mainline scope...

1. Freedom: Mesa negotiated a less than industry standard contract to bring them into one list.

2. Repubic: CHQ gave up things to get them on one list.

3. GoJets: TSA voted down a concessionary deal that would have brought them in under one list.

The scope problem has been botched since day one....ALPA is partially responsible....Long term, it is better to secure flying and worry about pay and workrules down the road....

The TSA decison isn't working out for them....You have to look two or three moves down the road....Pilots play checkers while management plays chess.....

I grow weary of this apples to oranges comparison.
Translation- I can't really defend what TSA pilots did, so I'm going to claim that stealing someone else's flying is somehow different from someone stealing flying from us.

This just in.

Mesa sucks.

Gojet blows.

Now back to our regularly scheduled bickering.

W

Latest resources

Back