Gojet Class Starts

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
J32driver,

You can always get your reputation back with ALPA. All you have to do is pay a penalty fee and you are taken off of a "scab" list. ALPA's only principle is $$$$$$$.

The only people who are scabs are those who cross a picket line. BTW did the TSA pilots, and all other ALPA pilots, go to work when there fellow union brethren at ComAir and NWA went on strike? I seem to remember that they did. That was quiet a strong showing of union solidarity. Would that make them scabs?

I guess under the definition of most of the people on this thread, all pilots who work for a regional are scabs. They take flying away from the mainline. Give me a break. They aren't scabs anymore than anyone else you are accusing.

Also, I bet that when TSA started back in the 80's that they didn't have a union. If that is the case make sure that when you see an 80's hire at work that you refer to him as a "scab".

In the end I bet the GoJet will be union and integrated into TSA.

Just my two cents.

CLAMBAKE

100LL... Again! said:
You'e a PFT whore who is helping destroy the profession, and you would deny the jumpseat to furloughed ALPA members with years of service just because you don't like where they work?

It has nothing to do with not likeing where they work. I don't like JetBlue, but I would never deny a JetBlue jumpseater just because I'm not a fan of their airline. This has to do with stabbing the TSA pilots in the back. The whole purpose of GoJets is to get around ALPA and screw over the TSA pilots.

I'm embarrassed that you are a conservative.

The embarrassment here is you. You make all conservatives look bad with your crazy rants about how the guys losing their pensions deserve it because they didn't save enough money on the side. You must have missed the whole "compassionate" part of conservatism.

You want immediate dismissal of your own "sins" against the profession, since poor little you just didn't know any better, but you want to hold everyone else's feet to the fire?

I don't seek dismissal of my "sins" at all. I've said my apologies and you can either accept it or not. If not, then I really don't care. Believe it or not 100LL, I'm not losing any sleep because a jerk like you doesn't like me. In fact, it just makes me feel better.

A more accurate definition of SCAB

pkober said:
J32driver,

You can always get your reputation back with ALPA. All you have to do is pay a penalty fee and you are taken off of a "scab" list. ALPA's only principle is $$$$$$$.

The only people who are scabs are those who cross a picket line. BTW did the TSA pilots, and all other ALPA pilots, go to work when there fellow union brethren at ComAir and NWA went on strike? I seem to remember that they did. That was quiet a strong showing of union solidarity. Would that make them scabs?

I guess under the definition of most of the people on this thread, all pilots who work for a regional are scabs. They take flying away from the mainline. Give me a break. They aren't scabs anymore than anyone else you are accusing.

Also, I bet that when TSA started back in the 80's that they didn't have a union. If that is the case make sure that when you see an 80's hire at work that you refer to him as a "scab".

In the end I bet the GoJet will be union and integrated into TSA.

Just my two cents.

CLAMBAKE

These are all excellent points. Most people yell SCAB, when by definition is is used incorrectly. I guess if has become the f-you of the airline industry lexicon!

Nobody likes to loose their job and be replaced, especially with the blessing of a union that is supposed to protect you or at least cry foul. I've said this before, "The enemy is at the gates, and it's us."

Last edited:
Jeff Helgeson said:
These are all excellent points. Most people yell SCAB, when by definition is is used incorrectly. I guess if has become the f-you off the airline industry lexicon!

Nobody likes to loose their job and be replaced, especially with the blessing of a union that is supposed to protect you or at least cry foul. I've said this before, "The enemy is at the gates, and it's us."

Jeff,

You are so correct. It has become the industry lexicon, however I seem to hear it more from the younger group in the business. Back in the 80s and 90s it was very evident "WHAT A SCAB WAS", now it is a flow-back, it is a person whom flies for an airline not liked, he11, it is just used as a word when people get pi$$ed off.

While I don;t agree with many things going on, the two things I do agree with; Don't be political about the jumpseat, and learn what a SCAB really is.

AA

I have to go back out and play in my lawn....

PCL_128 said:
It has nothing to do with not likeing where they work. I don't like JetBlue, but I would never deny a JetBlue jumpseater just because I'm not a fan of their airline. This has to do with stabbing the TSA pilots in the back. The whole purpose of GoJets is to get around ALPA and screw over the TSA pilots.

The embarrassment here is you. You make all conservatives look bad with your crazy rants about how the guys losing their pensions deserve it because they didn't save enough money on the side. You must have missed the whole "compassionate" part of conservatism.

I don't seek dismissal of my "sins" at all. I've said my apologies and you can either accept it or not. If not, then I really don't care. Believe it or not 100LL, I'm not losing any sleep because a jerk like you doesn't like me. In fact, it just makes me feel better.

It has nothing to do with compassion regarding the pension issue. I am stating that mistakes were made on the part of pilot groups in that they trusted management. Stating a fact does not make one without compassion. I WILL say that the majority of Americans have no real pension, so I am not exactly crying them a river, you see.

Second, since you have apologized for your contribution to the race to the bottom, then the Gojet guys should get the same forgiveness, Mr. Compassion.

It's hilarious to see a newbie PFT rube like yourself strutting around like you are some sort of union tough guy.

You'll always be a PFT whore, and a trainee masquerading as an airline pilot.

You'll always be a PFT whore, and a trainee masquerading as an airline pilot.
[/QUOTE]

Why does Pay for training make you a whore, about 7 years ago it was the norm to get on with almost every regional airline.

If everyone is doing it, then it is the industry standard.

When you are paying big bucks to take a job that would otherwise go to a more experienced and likely more skilled pilot because you arrogantly assue that you are entitled to buy a shortcut, then you are a whore.

Trainees, all of 'em.

I think I might try to start a gulfstream scum list, and circulate it to all my airline buddies, explaining why the jumpseat should be denied because of their damaging actions.

Except for pcl128, of course, that scum apologized.

Last edited:
100LL... Again! said:
If everyone is doing it, then it is the industry standard.

When you are paying big bucks to take a job that would otherwise go to a more experienced and likely more skilled pilot because you arrogantly assue that you are entitled to buy a shortcut, then you are a whore.

Trainees, all of 'em.

So by that logic every pilot hired at a regional airline 7 years ago is a whore. Wow your lack of experience is showing

jehtplane said:
So by that logic every pilot hired at a regional airline 7 years ago is a whore. Wow your lack of experience is showing

Nooooo, since everyone was doing it and since pilots with lots of experience were essentially FORCED to PFT, it was not a shortcut technique.

Shortcutting PFTers are whores. Perhaps I should have been more clear.

Latest resources

Back