Going back to school???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey Bobby,

It's going really good. I got my Private last September, in about 50 hrs, and am working on my instrument right now. I'm up to about 120 hrs now. I should be about ready for my instrument ride in a month or two. Thanks for asking, how've you been?

Hey Bobby,

Did you ever regret changing careers? I am considering doing that myself but don't know what to do yet.

Career changing

I don't regret changing careers from broadcasting to aviation for a minute. I wish now that I would have started flying ten years earlier. I had always thought that one had to be a 100% perfect physical specimen with 20/10 vision and tons of F-4 and B-52 time to be a successful professional pilot. I learned much later that anyone in good health and with vision corrected to 20/20 can fly professionally.

I don't regret the experience for a minute. I got to do something that many people wish they can do - fly airplanes and be paid for it. As Can might relate to, plenty of guys play college or minor league baseball, and that's the best they ever do in baseball. Some might regard themselves as failures because they didn't make the bigs. There are tons of guys who would have jumped for joy just to have made the JV or received a minor league tryout.

I just wish that I had been better prepared for aviation in terms of training and knowlege.

Now, changing from aviation to law was more a matter of survival and using other abilities. I was spinning my wheels in aviation and needed a job that paid some money. I don't regret that decision, either, but it was for different reasons.

Good luck to Can with your instrument training, which is the essence of professional flying.

Latest resources

Back