• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

************************* goes Teamsters

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I saw a ************************* pilot yesterday at ORD enter security in terminal 2 through the exit side. There were alot of airline employees going through security on the normal right hand side at the employee line. I was exiting the airport and coming out of terminal two. He had his flight case and didn't even make eye contact with me. I thought this weird to see someone entering over on the left side. Never seen it before. He had a white badge that said *************************s in blue on it. I got a good look at badge. Some old tall skinny grey hair dork with glasses.

synchoff said:
All airline unions suck. I haven't seen any airline do squat execpt takes dues money for the past 10 years. Oh, that and stand by while their contracts are raped.

ALPA, In-house, Teamsters, what's the difference? If there wasn't an RLA making union membership basically mandatory, no-one would ever join these loser organizations.

The problem with this post is that all management sux also. Management by it's very nature is an evil malignant condition and ya gots to have something between them and you, sucky though it may be, some kind of union protection is essential. Teamsters on the other hand facilitate the rape of the workers. If the GayJetters get IBT then they will truly get what they truly diserve. Fuk em.

tj

tjsatter said:
The problem with this post is that all management sux also. Management by it's very nature is an evil malignant condition and ya gots to have something between them and you, sucky though it may be, some kind of union protection is essential.
tj

MOST managements suck, but not all. Witness: JetBlue, Southwest, Skywest, and (current contract talks aside) FedEx. A good management team nullifies the need for a union.

But truth is, they are the exception, not the rule. So unions pop up. But I have yet to see a airline union at the regional level do anything constructive . . . yet they DO a GREAT job taking money out of my pocket. "Union protection" is a MYTH.

tjsatter said:
Ya know, I used to have some real respect for the IBT. Jimmy Hoffa (the Senior) was a great Union leader doing good work that improved the lives of their members and all other working folks also. Once upon a time being a Teamster meant something to be proud of. Today they are nothing but a bunch of pussies. Dan Huemann is so deep in bed with management that he is incapable of farting any more.

Management endorses, and selects the IBT to be the GayJet union because they know from the FAs that they will be ineffective and roll over for whatever the company wants. IBT is an embarrasment and offense to honest working people everywhere.

tj

tj __________________
Wer kampft kann verlierien, Wer nicht kampft hat schon verloren

Du hast schon verloren!

synchoff said:
All airline unions suck. I haven't seen any airline do squat execpt takes dues money for the past 10 years.

Hmmm... within the last ten years didn't UAL, DAL, and NWA all sign huge pay rate increases? Even now, FedEx is still doing well. I think sometimes people have unrealistic expectations of airline unions. They aren't ever going to keep you making max dollar if your company is tanking. No organization can do that. I think people forget that all these concessionary agreements were voted in by the pilots of the airlines.

jetfo said:
tj __________________
Wer kampft kann verlierien, Wer nicht kampft hat schon verloren

Du hast schon verloren!

Dir hat man wohl ins Gehirn geschissen und vergessen umzuruehren? Halt die klappe! Du kannst mich mal am Arsch lecken.

tj

I thought some may be interested in seeing the full article.
http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/business/stories.nsf/smallbusiness/story/F57D9C926B52B945862570B4001E76FD?OpenDocument

Also thought this was interesting:
http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/news/stories.nsf/sciencemedicine/story/D97E8D43BC0B0DB3862570B40023413E?OpenDocument&tetl=1

G0JET PILOTS LOOK TO TEAMSTERS
WHAT'S NEXT: Teamsters Local 618 expects the National Mediation Board to order a representation election soon for about 70 ************************* pilots.

An overwhelming majority of pilots at ************************* Airlines, a startup regional carrier in Bridgeton, want to join the Teamsters union, a move the world's largest pilots union has said is tantamount to career suicide.

The creation of *************************, a regional contract carrier for United Airlines, has drawn the wrath of the Air Line Pilots Association leadership, which says ************************* pilots could become pariahs in the industry if they skirt the seniority list at their sister company, Trans States Airlines. The pilots union, ALPA, represents Trans States, which has seen some of its junior pilots jump to *************************.

The names of pilots joining ************************* have been listed on a Web Site, www.*************************Pilots.com, which disparages and threatens them. ALPA does not have anything to do with the Web site, spokesman Pete Janhunen said. While it's unclear who is responsible, the site has become well known among regional airline pilots.

ALPA's dispute with ************************* is part of larger battle to preserve pilot wages and benefits. One fear is that ************************* pilots ultimately will ratify a union contract that has them flying bigger planes, but at salary levels normally reserved for pilots of smaller aircraft.

Nevertheless, Teamsters Local 618 said Tuesday it expects the National Mediation Board to order a representation election soon for about 70 ************************* pilots.

"The overwhelming majority of ************************* pilots have expressed their desire to join the Teamsters," said Dan Heumann, Local 618's president.

ALPA contends ************************* and Trans States really are one carrier, so all the jobs are tied to a current contract negotiated by ALPA, which represents 64,000 pilots at 41 airlines in the United States and Canada.

Heumann said ALPA's hard-line stance and the Web site continue to create problems for the Teamsters.

"************************* pilots find their names on Web sites. We don't know how the leaks are coming," Heumann said. "We're having our internal problems on how to put these fires out, (convincing them) that their careers are not in jeopardy."

The acrimony between the ************************* and Trans States pilots and the two unions began when Trans States Holdings, controlled by St. Louis businessman Hulas Kanodia and his family, created ************************* as a second, but separate, company to spur growth and to fly bigger planes.

ALPA has said some junior pilots at Trans States defected to ************************* so they could skirt seniority rules and attain the coveted pay and rank of a captain much faster. ALPA, whose cause has included picketing at Lambert and other airports, contends that Trans States pilots should have first crack at flying *************************'s bigger 70-seat regional jets.

Trans States operates a fleet of about 73 aircraft, none of which has more than 50 seats because of restrictions negotiated between American Airlines and its union pilots.

The restrictions are seen as a measure of job protection for major-airline pilots worried about seeing their workload outsourced to the regional pilots, who overall have lower pay and leaner benefits packages. The restriction applies to Trans States, because it operates as an AmericanConnection carrier and extends to the company's other airline agreements.

ALPA argues that ************************* is not a separate airline, but rather an "alter ego," designed to circumvent Trans States' restrictions. ************************* denies that claim and began flying as a United Express carrier last month.

[email protected] 314-340-8206

tjsatter said:
Dir hat man wohl ins Gehirn geschissen und vergessen umzuruehren? Halt die klappe! Du kannst mich mal am Arsch lecken.

tj

Benehmen haben sie offensichtlich nich gelernt! Vielleich sollte ich mal ihre Kommentare uebersetzen, dann koennen sie von diesen Bord verschwinden.

pianoman said:
Hmmm... within the last ten years didn't UAL, DAL, and NWA all sign huge pay rate increases? Even now, FedEx is still doing well. I think sometimes people have unrealistic expectations of airline unions. They aren't ever going to keep you making max dollar if your company is tanking. No organization can do that. I think people forget that all these concessionary agreements were voted in by the pilots of the airlines.

HEY DORK, WAY TO EDIT MY POST AND TWIST MY WORDS.

I said at the REGIONAL LEVEL. Unless you're gonna cite COMAIR? You know, the airline that took contract concessions 1 year after they "won" them, and are currently furloughing big-time AND talking about greater concessions?

Latest resources

Back