• Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

be-400xpdriver

Press Release Source: Teamsters Local 618

GJet Pilots Seek Teamsters Representation
Tuesday November 8, 630pm ET
Union Expects Election Soon at Regional Carrier

ST. LOUIS, Nov. 8 /PRNewswire/ -- Teamsters Local Union 618 announced today that it expects the National Mediation Board (NMB) to order a representation election for the pilots of GJet Airlines soon, in response to the pilots' request.

"The overwhelming majority of GJet pilots have expressed their desire to join the Teamsters," said Dan Heumann, Local 618 President. "We're confident that the NMB will give them the opportunity to form their union with us soon."

The Teamsters filed for representation with the NMB on September 15, the date GJet flew its first revenue-generating flight. A single-carrier petition was filed by another union soon after; the Teamsters believe this petition will be dismissed. Once the NMB concludes its investigation into the merit of the representation election, an election date will be set.

"The clear majority of pilots are in favor of becoming Teamsters," said Don Treichler, director of the Teamsters Airline Division. "We're working to help them join the union."

"We expect to achieve a fair and equitable agreement for the pilots, in order to enhance their careers and to help provide a foundation for the growth of the company," Heumann said.

GJet Airlines is a subsidiary of Trans States Holdings. Based in St. Louis, Missouri, the all-new fleet of 70-seat aircraft operates under the United Express banner.

Founded in 1903, the International Brotherhood of Teamsters represents more than 1.4 million hardworking men and women throughout the United States and Canada.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Source: Teamsters Local 618

http://www.teamsterslocal618.org/news-and-events.html

Just scroll down a little to find the info.

Is every one going to hate them if they are Union?

Last edited:
be-400xpdriver said:
Is every one going to hate them if they are Union?

Yes, yes they will. Being union doesn't change the fact that GJ was created to screw over the TSA pilots.

scary to think that it's not really the pilots but the managment pilots who were the ones that got the ball rolling on that. It seems like the company wants the ibt to represent thier pilots. Now correct me if i'm wrong but isn't a union to protect pilots from the company? I wonder how it will work with a flight manager as the MEC Chairman?

And who will be in charge of the grievance process once you do get an "industry leading" contract which the company will ignore as well as the MEC?

Yeah....Good luck with that!!!

Ya know, I used to have some real respect for the IBT. Jimmy Hoffa (the Senior) was a great Union leader doing good work that improved the lives of their members and all other working folks also. Once upon a time being a Teamster meant something to be proud of. Today they are nothing but a bunch of pussies. Dan Huemann is so deep in bed with management that he is incapable of farting any more.

Management endorses, and selects the IBT to be the GayJet union because they know from the FAs that they will be ineffective and roll over for whatever the company wants. IBT is an embarrasment and offense to honest working people everywhere.

tj

Also TSA's lawyer.....DH, is PERSONAL friends with the guy that will be the Teamsters rep......no wonder they went Teamsters

If teamsters pick up GJETS my local 747 stickers is comeing off my flight case.

Serious question, comment here:

Because of the info. I have been able to learn from this board, I will not, when the time comes, send in a resume, much less accept an interview or job with GJet.

My questions, however, is the following:

Have any of you ever stopped to consider that some of these young pilots getting on with GJet are not aware of the negative attitude and situation surrounding GJet? I know a couple of people aspiring to be pilots, like myself, who do not read these boards, or any like them. They think GJet is just another airline, like the rest. They have no idea of anything about them. They would probably apply and acccept a job blindly with GJet. If you see guys walking through the terminal with their GJet I.D. clearly showing, maybe that is one of these people.

So why do I say/ask this; Maybe we need to not be so harsh to some of the pilots, they seriously may have no idea, and also, we need to get the word out, so the other young pilots, like myself, know about GJets, and do not blindly accept a job with them.

There are, perhaps one or two aspiring pilots who blindly apply for and interview for a job for which they know nothing about. Some may even accept employment without one shred of knowledge about the company they will be working for.

However, 99.99% do some amount of research about a company somewhere in the process. Do you not ask others who have gone through the process before you questions about companies?

Please, you'd have to be a deaf mute not to be aware of this issue. Then again, I've met some of the tards they're hiring. Calling them deaf mutes would be a compliment.

tjsatter said:
Ya know, I used to have some real respect for the IBT. Jimmy Hoffa (the Senior) was a great Union leader doing good work that improved the lives of their members and all other working folks also. Once upon a time being a Teamster meant something to be proud of.
tj

All airline unions suck. I haven't seen any airline do squat execpt takes dues money for the past 10 years. Oh, that and stand by while their contracts are raped.

ALPA, In-house, Teamsters, what's the difference? If there wasn't an RLA making union membership basically mandatory, no-one would ever join these loser organizations.

Latest resources

Back