************************* goes Teamsters

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
synchoff said:
HEY DORK, WAY TO EDIT MY POST AND TWIST MY WORDS.

I said at the REGIONAL LEVEL. Unless you're gonna cite COMAIR? You know, the airline that took contract concessions 1 year after they "won" them, and are currently furloughing big-time AND talking about greater concessions?

First, no need to resort to name calling just because I don't agree with you. Second, nowhere in either of your posts did you mentional "regional" level. So I wouldn't know that's what you're talking about, would I?

The point of my post is that it's not big bad ALPA or IBT making pilots take concessions. The union faciltates negotiation in good and bad times. Both of the organizations have a structure in which pilot reps are elected (and sometimes recalled). They come up with a negotiating committee. Then the pilots vote on the agreements, good or bad.

It's a cop-out to blame ALPA or IBT for an agreement the pilots signed. What should the unions have done? Disregard the majority will of the pilots? We need to take some accountability for our own actions.

Again, pilots all voted on these agreements. The responsibility lies solely on their shoulders.

What are all of you TSA guys going to complain about if *************************s ends up with a better contract than you? It should have been yours? IBT is a sellout?

I'd much rather work on the Horizon pay scale as negotiated by IBT than the TSA scale by ALPA. Each union screws people, get over trying to argue ALPA is the best, it's not at our level.

But what do I know?

Those darn union busting union airline pilots.

(no I don't work for GJ)

if gojjet has a better contract than tsa then i along with everybody else will eat a big plate of shut the fuk up.

I really don't think that is something we need to worry about.

It's not about whether or not they get a better contract. It's about the long term effects of an alter ego carrier. A couple of dollars an hour is nothing to Hulas knowing he will get it back in spades when he starts whipsawing BOTH carriers in future contract negotiations. It doesn't matter what these guys may make next week or next month. but the effect it has on fair, good faith bargaining 3, 5, 10 years down the road, and how that will effect every other regional as well.

TSA ERJ said:
It's not about whether or not they get a better contract. It's about the long term effects of an alter ego carrier. A couple of dollars an hour is nothing to Hulas knowing he will get it back in spades when he starts whipsawing BOTH carriers in future contract negotiations. It doesn't matter what these guys may make next week or next month. but the effect it has on fair, good faith bargaining 3, 5, 10 years down the road, and how that will effect every other regional as well.

smart man

synchoff said:
All airline unions suck. I haven't seen any airline do squat execpt takes dues money for the past 10 years. Oh, that and stand by while their contracts are raped.

ALPA, In-house, Teamsters, what's the difference? If there wasn't an RLA making union membership basically mandatory, no-one would ever join these loser organizations.

easy there tiger.. I hope to be able to convince you otherwise in a week or two. Then again, maybe i'll be eating the big plate of shut the fukc up. We will see. This is a critical time for ALPA and unions. We have never been under more attack and are definately on the ropes, but we still got a few surprises left. I hope!

incubus said:
if gojjet has a better contract than tsa then i along with everybody else will eat a big plate of shut the fuk up.

This is where the company fuked up the biggest. The proper way to fight a union and keep ALPA out of GJ is to show how much better off we'd be without the union. Had they tried to grab the moral high ground they might have done better. Had they started them out with better pay, working conditions, and benefits and then maybe they would have saved overall. The initial offer to TSA pilots to transfer was amazing for what it didn't say. Those guys over there are totally screwed and if they get teamsters it wil get even worse.

How come sperm- flo hasn't been talking about the guys that have already been fired on dubious grounds witout recourse?

tj

tjsatter said:
How come sperm- flo hasn't been talking about the guys that have already been fired on dubious grounds witout recourse?

tj

Why should he have to ??? Hasn't there been plenty fired at TSA on "dubious grounds" over at TSA as well ? Looks as if having a union has nothing to do with...

Last edited:
h25b said:
Why should he have to ??? Hasn't there been plenty fired at TSA on "dubious grounds" over at TSA as well ? Looks as is if having a union has nothing to do with...

Actually, no union can prevent the company for terminating an employee. The difference is that when you're in a union, you have the right to the arbitration process, which may result is getting your job back if you have a strong case.

Latest resources

Back