• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

GO JETS application Question?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Wow, a picture of a plane with a TWA paint scheme that disapeared in 2000. Do you care to explain the 15 EMB's that were painted exactly like the American Eagle planes, with the only difference being that they said American Connection. These were AMR owned airplanes that were painted in the American Eagle paint scheme. This went on for years. I can pull pictures of other paint shcems as well, that has nothing to do with the facts. TSA was for many years considered the bottom dwellers because they contracted out to many companies just like Mesa, yet now they look down on other who do the same thing. What a joke. Get a history lesson before you look down on anyone else, otherwise you just wind up looking stupid.

:cough:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trans_World_Airlines#Merger_with_American_Airlines

First to 5th is about the same as any other and some cases more than CRJ9 operaotrs. And by the way it's 66 people. Know your facts before you post idiot.

Nice to know you don't count your crew as human, bravo.

wikipedia, huh? Going right to the source. That said April of 2001 and I said 2000, how could I miss it by a whole 4 months? I don't even understand what you are trying to say with a link. If you actually have a clue what you are talking about then speak up genius. Funny how it got silent when I presented those little things called facts about the history of your company. I seem to remember when I was at Eagle and you guys would park at the gate next to us at outstations. Not one TSA guy would ever even look us Eagle guys in the face, because you knew what you were doing. Interesting how history repeats itself, however, now you guys think that you have been wronged, pathetic.

wikipedia, huh? Going right to the source. That said April of 2001 and I said 2000, how could I miss it by a whole 4 months? I don't even understand what you are trying to say with a link. If you actually have a clue what you are talking about then speak up genius. Funny how it got silent when I presented those little things called facts about the history of your company. I seem to remember when I was at Eagle and you guys would park at the gate next to us at outstations. Not one TSA guy would ever even look us Eagle guys in the face, because you knew what you were doing. Interesting how history repeats itself, however, now you guys think that you have been wronged, pathetic.

:sigh:

Hokay, I'll sum this up in a few words laced with NewCastle and broken dreams. Trans States Airlines started as Resort Air in 1982, in 1985 the company entered into an agreement with Trans World Airlines to operate as Trans World Express serving cities in Missouri and Illinois.

Now work with me here, we flew for TWA right? Hokay, well who bought TWA? AMR right? Good.

Since I'm imagining you work for AE do you think all flying that was TWA automatically belongs to you once AMR takes over? How many AE flights were there out of STL in 1997? How many TWE flights were there? Compare the TWE destinations in 1997 with the American Connection destinations and sans a few unfortunate overlaps you'll see that they are virtually the same (of course disregard all the MIA stuff we did, even we weren't happy about that).

Then again, what do I know right? I'm just a punk kid.

the best part is when a TSA guy claims that GoJet is dragging the industry down- really? Transstates has been spearheading the industry crap wages for decades. ANYONE who has EVER taken a job at Transstates in the last 25+ years has been driving the industry dumptruck, and if you EVER thought you could turn the tide- you are an idiot and a liar. You had a POS MEC that sold you down the river, fools.

Last edited:
the best part is when a TSA guy claims that GoJet is dragging the industry down- really? Transstates has been spearheading the industry crap wages for decades.

Not really going to argue with you here but come on, the lost causes are the ones worth fighting for right?

ANYONE who has EVER taken a job at Transstates in the last 25+ years has been driving the industry dumptruck, and if you EVER thought you could turn the tide- you are an idiot and a liar. You had a POS MEC that sold you down the river, fools.

....so give up? Roll over and die? What do you suggest? Should we put a sign up on Navaid Rd. that says "Work will set you free"?

I'm lost.

First, I don't work at Eagle, I fortunately left there years ago. I never disputed that TSA did TWA flying or even that they were bought by American. At that time TSA had their own EMB's. No problem, however, several years later AMR bought 15 EMB's that they sent to TSA instead of Eagle while negotiating with us. TSA was more than happy to then take those airplanes owned by AMR and painted like American Eagle. This all had nothing to do with the American/TWA deal. It was a hardball negotiating tactic that the company used with us. TSA was more than happy to take the airplanes. Sounds familiar, like the GoJet/TSA deal. You can be mad at GoJet all you want, but you guys were one of the several companies that started that crap. You want to know how companies like GoJet came to be? Look in the mirror, you were a part of it before GoJet was even a thought.

Now, with all that being said, I never disliked a TSA guy personally and never denied them a jumpseat, that would just be pathetic. Lots of great people exsist at all the companies, I just did not agree with them.

First, I don't work at Eagle, I fortunately left there years ago.

Awesome, and congrats! Hopefully you were able to move on to greener pastures and a better life, we're all looking for that.

I never disputed that TSA did TWA flying or even that they were bought by American. At that time TSA had their own EMB's. No problem, however, several years later AMR bought 15 EMB's that they sent to TSA instead of Eagle while negotiating with us.

N820HK started as N607AE when it was delivered to American Eagle on June 25th 1998. In February of 2003 it was leased to Trans States and became N820HK. I don't think any of the AE 145s were "new" when we got them.

TSA was more than happy to then take those airplanes owned by AMR and painted like American Eagle. This all had nothing to do with the American/TWA deal. It was a hardball negotiating tactic that the company used with us. TSA was more than happy to take the airplanes. Sounds familiar, like the GoJet/TSA deal. You can be mad at GoJet all you want, but you guys were one of the several companies that started that crap. You want to know how companies like GoJet came to be? Look in the mirror, you were a part of it before GoJet was even a thought.

Well I really can't argue the bulk of this since I wasn't here when it went down. I'd love to find some documentation on the situation though since I have nothing but free time now.

Now, with all that being said, I never disliked a TSA guy personally and never denied them a jumpseat, that would just be pathetic. Lots of great people exsist at all the companies, I just did not agree with them.

Honorable my good sir!

How about showing up to work educated with common sense to boot? If you think the only things you need to know are how to "swing the gear" and "put those flaps up or down properly", maybe you shouldn't be at ANY airline....period. Quit diminishing your responsibilities as an FO. No Captain enjoys having to babysit your kind at work.

I hope the days of people like yourself showing up to work are long over!!!!!

That's the only things captains want from you.

I can't wait to be your captain. I'll show you what I mean.....

Latest resources

Back