• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Go jet

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The interview consists of eating a bag of double stuffed Oreo cookies and then eating the crumbs off of your shirt. You have to show up in a wrinkled shirt or you will not get the job, something about being too professional. And being overweight is considered a plus!!

So, essentially, like any other major or regional airline interview then.

Especially the overweight issue!

Right?

If you do upgrade quickly will you get downgraded later on once all of the guys senior to you obtain enough time to finally upgrade?

Great question. I would like to know this too. What I heard from Comair folks who went direct to Captain is that any current GoJet pilot who had the required time, upgraded. No one was passed up unless they chose not to upgrade.

That is true. The way it's done is when you are ready to upgrade and have the time you put in your bid. There is a list of people that have their bid in. Every month or so they issue the award with the top ever so many that are awarded it. At the current time I believe everybody that has their bid in has been awarded it. So people are being awarded captain slots in new hire training if they have 4500 hours. However, about six months ago there were senior FO's, and I use that term loosely, that had more seniority than the current new hire captains but did not downgrade current captains. They had to wait for a slot to open up to be awarded it.

Dave

So all of the Trans States pilots must be by-passing upgrade. Considering those are really their slots.

So all of the Trans States pilots must be by-passing upgrade. Considering those are really their slots.
how many years has it been now?? let it go, the united guys that came in don't care, all other airlines don't care. it is a dead issue, well for most.

Sorry bro, you are wrong. There are people who care (maybe not many), but Never Forget comes to mind. I know I will never ever forget. I will leave it at that.

35off,

Still blaming other pilots for your mistake. What has it been 10 years now? I think it is time for you to move on.

??

35off,

Still blaming other pilots for your mistake. What has it been 10 years now? I think it is time for you to move on.

My mistake? What would be my mistake? I voted yes when they made one offer to let us fly the new planes. What was my mistake, not seeing the future when I originally accepted the job? Thinking I would tough it (after gojet creation) out a while, get my time and move on? 10 years of my life lost, not ever going to move on. We won't even get into what the downgrade did to me financially, to my family. Like I said, I was going to leave it at that and I would suggest you do too. Again, I and others will never ever forget.

how many years has it been now?? let it go, the united guys that came in don't care, all other airlines don't care. it is a dead issue, well for most.

A true professional airline pilot will never forget. This is one of the last true brotherhood's out there. People have fought hard for many, many years to make advances, both small and large. Management LOVES people like you, avro, and it holds the rest of us back. Go Jet pilots are as close to scabs as it comes. No excuse will ever change that.

I don't work at Trans States, but I do respect their position, and given the chance, defend those that continue to stand up for this profession.

Latest resources

Back