• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Go Jet Interview

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
JackFlyer, GoJet is exactly like Freedom. Freedom was created to get around scope restrictions at US Airways that prevented their code share partners from operating greater than 50 seat aircraft, or thereabouts, for anyone. Ornstein wanted to get into the 70 seat and greater market and started Freedom to do so. That is exactly what is happening at Trans States. Not to mention that the TSA pilots start contract negotiations this winter, another parallel to the Mesa ordeal.

GoJets is not union despite what the Teamsters website says. Four management pilots had signed cards and voted in the teamsters. Certification was later dropped but the reason depends on who you believe. There are three reasons I have heard, the first is that the management pilots temporarily dropped certification to voluntarily comply with some ALPA demands. The second is that the Teamsters attempted to organize the pilots under the RLA for an airline that doesn't even have a certificate yet, therefore certification couldn't take place. The third is that Woerth called Hoffa Jr. and explained what was going on and he suspended certification.

The GoJet pilots aren't scabs but they aren't much better. As you and many others know, pilots are a part of the interview process at every airline that at least I can think of. Why would they want someone at their airline who has shown their willingness to stab fellow pilots in the back? Go back to the posts about the rally and read the list of airlines that had representatives there to show their support for the TSA pilots. You will find most of the airlines hiring now with their representatives saying they will do everything they can to ensure no GoJet pilots will be hired at their airline. Maybe it's just posturing but I wouldn't be willing to take that chance. And maybe some Freedom guys did slip through the cracks and get jobs somewhere else, but they are still scum bags.

You claim that the TSA MEC was offered the opportunity to do the flying at GoJet. Well I would love to hear your source and how the MEC wasn't able to "produce".

I am not a contract lawyer and I'm willing to bet neither are you. The truth is you have no idea whether GoJet violates our contract or not. You have no ground to claim that our contract is not being violated.

Finally, if you don't have any stake in GoJet then why do you care? And don't give me the "scab is being misused" line. You do a lot more than provide definitions, you defend them.

Doug Parker said:
Though the national union's official line was that "scab" lists don't exist I was told that ALPA national cannot control what individual members at ALPA airlines would do on interview boards when GoJet is seen on an application

There is a Master Scab List - it was posted on this board once - I think it was like 70+ pages long !!

Regarding interviewing at another company after you've worked at a Freedom/GoJet type of operation. Who does the interviewing? The company or the union? Sally from HR probably could care less. The line-pilot-type sitting in on the interview might, but he's probably a management pilot anyway (perhaps with a slightly different view of the universe). I've never been in that situation myself, nor do I plan to be, as I have no plans to go work for such a company, but I don't think such a background would have too much of an impact on an interview. Once you get out on the line, trading sea stories with the rank and file, different story.

And yes, someone posted the master scab list, the big one, a few years back on this forum. Interesting reading, with some additional notes about certain individuals on the list. Google will find it for you. But I also remember seeing something on here from a moderator concerning any future postings of said list being strictly forbidden, with resulting disciplinary action.

GOJET realities 101.

It is a fact that this airline is a violation of the TSA CBA, whether you care about contracts, or the implied integrity they require and respect is your moral question to grapple with.

Having been at this airline for some time, I have seen some dishonesty on both sides. Some of the folks who seem to progress here are the bonified suck ups who sniff around until opportunity calls.

It is just a question of how much you care about your fellow pilot, yes, there are some in our union that I have disagreed with, but, GOJET flying belongs to the hard working dedicated line pilots of TSA - NUFF SAID!!

Do not try to gloss over your existence at GOJET, it makes me nauseated

serious sam said:
GOJET realities 101.

It is a fact that this airline is a violation of the TSA CBA, whether you care about contracts, or the implied integrity they require and respect is your moral question to grapple with.

Having been at this airline for some time, I have seen some dishonesty on both sides. Some of the folks who seem to progress here are the bonified suck ups who sniff around until opportunity calls.

It is just a question of how much you care about your fellow pilot, yes, there are some in our union that I have disagreed with, but, GOJET flying belongs to the hard working dedicated line pilots of TSA - NUFF SAID!!

Do not try to gloss over your existence at GOJET, it makes me nauseated

Interesting, and you went to work at one of the lowest paying commuters that helped set the trend for lower payscales in the regional Industry why ???
What makes you so different my ' Brother ' ?

Wtf?

TIGV said:
Interesting, and you went to work at one of the lowest paying commuters that helped set the trend for lower payscales in the regional Industry why ???
What makes you so different my ' Brother ' ?

I agree you won't get rich here brother, but many of the perks such as Block or better, 95% line guarantee, and 10 days off for reserve holders are a direct result of the CBA. All suspiciously eradicated in the GOJET work rules.

What makes me different? I want to see the guys who earned those seats fly them, at a wage they negotiated, by profits they helped earn. That's the difference.

serious sam said:
All suspiciously eradicated in the GOJET work rules.

You have seen GoJet's work rules?

serious sam said:
I want to see the guys who earned those seats fly them, at a wage they negotiated, by profits they helped earn. That's the difference.

What if GoJet and the Teamsters negotiate a contract better than TSA or near to ComAir's? Then will everyone stop beating this dead horse?

Last edited:
JackFlyer, no it wouldn't. First, GoJet is seen as being in violation of the TSA contract. Second, even if it is determined not to violate our contract it is still an alter ego that will cause harm to the Trans States pilots.

Regardless, If I were you I wouldn't hold my breath for industry leading anything at GoJet.

By the way, I'd like to hear the story you have behind the TSA MEC not being able to "produce" in regards to obtaining the GoJet flying. Better yet, how about you stop trying to spread disinformation or at least respond to some of the facts provided here.

Last edited:
serious sam said:
I agree you won't get rich here brother, but many of the perks such as Block or better, 95% line guarantee, and 10 days off for reserve holders are a direct result of the CBA. All suspiciously eradicated in the GOJET work rules.

What makes me different? I want to see the guys who earned those seats fly them, at a wage they negotiated, by profits they helped earn. That's the difference.

Finally !

A lucid, well balanced, informative response on the whole GoJet Issue !!
Was just posting on another GoJet thread with someone not quite as well informed, perhaps I need to redirect him here.
Never mind ! He's right above, read and learn.

Cheers.

Last edited:
TSA ERJ said:
JackFlyer, no it wouldn't. First, GoJet is seen as being in violation of the TSA contract. .

OK! Produce the langauge in the TSA CBA that says in black and white that GoJet, or the like, is a violation of the CBA.

I want it word for word. Not any paraphrased wording. Just the words as they are written.

I don't have a copy of the contract available to me at the moment but regardless, our amateur contract evaluation is meaningless. You should note that I said it was seen, as in perceived, to violate our contract. Only the lawyers and the arbitrator will be able to say for sure.

Latest resources

Back