• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Go Jet Interview

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
GoJet does not have its own schedulers or dispatchers. Trans States schedulers and dispatchers were told they had to work on Go Jet. They were not given a choice. Well the choice was do this our your fired.

NOW THIS IS A SCAB. This is REAL UNION BUSTING.....

Title: Online Interview for Flight Attendants
Company: Northwest Airlines Product/Service:
Location: VariousRequired Travel: None Job Type: Full-timeEmployment Type: Permanent
Description: Prepare for a career where you can travel the world! Northwest Airlines Join us for training to become a Certified Flight Attendant NWA is the world’s fourth largest airline, together with its travel partners serving more than 900 cities in over 160 countries on six continents. Complete our paid training program to prepare for a career as a Certified Flight Attendant, and you may have the opportunity to travel the world.

Requirements:
To initially qualify for training
you must meet several qualifications, including:

• At least 18 years old
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Two years minimum customer service experience
• Professional, well-groomed image
• Ability to meet the physical requirements of the position
(including being at least 5’2" without shoes)
• Ability to read and communicate passenger service and safety
requirements in a clear manner
• Ability to perceive and understand communications and respond
to passengers and crew members
• Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations
• Ability to dependably work flexible schedule including days,
nights, weekends and holidays
• Ability to work with a team in a customer service oriented environment
• Possess the legal right to work in the U.S. with the ability to make
multiple exits and entrances to/from the U.S. and countries that
Northwest serves
• Ability to tolerate variable and frequent time zone shifts and
frequent altitude changes
• Successfully demonstrate your physical ability to perform positionrelated
functions and pass a drug screen/background investigation
and fingerprinting/criminal history records check.

Company Benefits:

Contact Information: N/A

Northwest Airlines
US
Preferred Response Method:

If you meet these qualifications, we invite you to contact 1-800-599-9211 or www.careerinairlines.com to complete a pre-screening interview by June 12. Individuals who successfully complete Flight Attendant training may be offered employment in the event of a labor dispute or strike. Northwest Airlines recognizes and values diversity. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.

This whole GoJet Crap is just another attempt to do an end run around a CBA. This is about the 5th such attempt and every one has failed to some extent. Given, killing these alter-egos has, in some instances, been very costly.

Mesa had to kill Freedom or they were dead. They have taken a bunch of crap for the CBA they ratified, but now a GoJet or Freedom would be much tougher to pull off there. Their scope language tied any affiliate of the parent company to their seniority list.

Mesaba went on to kill BigSky as a threat by negotiating the most comprehensive scope language to date at a regional. That letter has already proven it's value in the recent new aircraft announcement. Their MEC didn't have to worry about Management dangling an alter-ego in their face to get them to conceed a single thing in their contract. They got the planes with current book.

We should all band together to back the TransStates pilots and KILL GoJet. Any pilot that chooses to work there must consider the consequences of their actions, not just on themselves, but on the entire industry.

JackFlyer, perhaps you can tell me how i can get a job with GoJets. I was in for the interview and am totally qualified with CRJ time but didn't get the job. If you are there, mailo me please. i would love to have the job

CaptainDeez, please tell me u r kidding. I'm sensing that your laughing as u write that, thinking "watch that 210fr8dog go off now!!!!!!!"

theo said:
Thats fine but my understanding is your agreement is with Trans States Airlines and not the Holding company that owned the airline. The holding company is starting the new airline and Trans States Airlines is not. So your language would not apply would it? I have asked previously on this board and it appears that the Holding Company existed at the time of your last CBA so you could have included it in your negotiations for restrictions but apparently you did not. So how does any of your CBA language at TSA impact what the holding company does?

I'm getting tired of this debate so I'll end it right here with PROOF not speculation. DO YOUR Research... Trans States holdings just recently put Trans States Airlines under it's operating certificate... yes Trans States Holdings Has Existed Since 1998 but if you look at the state of Missouri website at corprate filings you will find the following:

Filing #F00457654
(I am paraphrasing)
Administrative Dissolution

Trans States Holdings did not file a current and annual report and was dissolved on Feb 19 2004 Specifically for Violation of Sections 351.484, 351.525, and 351.598 of RSMo.
(end paraphrase)

I'm no lawyer but I would say that if Trans States Holdings was dissolved in Feb. that would make Trans States Airlines Dissolved also... I would guess with a little more homework and time than I have you could find that Trans States Airlines was on it's own until Oct 14 2004 when another filing brought Trans States Holdings back to life and Trans States Airlines put underneath it.

So you could argue that Trans States Holdings is the Alter-Ego and as a Subsidary created by Trans States Holdings. Go Jet Airlines LLC. would also be an alter ego, but I don't think it even has to go very far.

The arbitrator does not have to be a Lawyer and does not have to go by the letter of the law. the spirit of the law. The intention of the Trans States Pilots CBA was clearly put in to prevent this very situation...

And Thats All I got to say 'bout that...

Nice post, end of disscusion ok, Jack, 100LL and TIGV and all you other scope bustin mothas.

Last edited:
While I feel bad for TSA pilots, I guess you now know how Eagle pilots feel.
Ouch! :(

The AA feeders are bought by AA and become one of the largest 121 small jet and prop carriers in the country. AA starts putting them on more and more routes once flown by the MD80. AA pilots scream "SCABS! You're taking our flying!"

Corpex, Trans States, Chautauqua bid on, and win, routes from Eagle. Eagle pilots scream "Scabs! You're taking our flying!"

TS's holding company/parent bids on and wins routes from the contract carriers. Guess what song the contract carriers are singing now?

It sucks for everyone concerned. There's nothing funny about it, and there's no real solution to be found. Everyone will just roll with the changes or they'll get out of the business. And some have done exactly that. If I was 21 years old and had not yet done the family and career thing, I don't think I'd even be considering professional aviation, in light of what's going on in the industry today.

Minher

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back