Go Jet Interview

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

pkober

Some possible words of advice to people who are interviewing at GoJets.

BTW, If your just going to rag on GoJet pilots do it on one of the other threads.

I just turned down my interview. After much research, it became clear that this airline could be a serious career destroyer. Though the national union's official line was that "scab" lists don't exist I was told that ALPA national cannot control what individual members at ALPA airlines would do on interview boards when GoJet is seen on an application.

Also, it just wrong to take flying from an airline that already has a union on the property. If this was a true start up with no other pilots it would be one thing, but this is screwing guys who don't deserve to be screwed.

Anyone thinking about interviewing here think long and hard because it's not worth risking your career.

Good Luck

CLAMBAKE

Good decision. I'm in no way a fan of what GoJet is doing to the TSA pilot's, and glad to hear and judging from your profile, have the experience to make a hard decision. Good luck with your career.

Nicely done, no reason to sell your soul for a quick upgrade. Good luck with the job search, won't be too hard to find a better company than GoJet.

pkober said:
I was told that ALPA national cannot control what individual members at ALPA airlines would do on interview boards when GoJet is seen on an application.

Let me say this 1st... Freedom Air was completely different form GoJet, for many reasons. That been said....

Every airline that is hiring right now (Jetblue, Airtran, AWA, Southwest, UPS, FedEX, etc.) has hired pilots from Freedom Air or other questionable airlines.

pkober... Your view is your view, but even TRUE SCABs (which in my view are scum) have been hired by many airlines in recent times. There are even SCABs working at ALPA.

Gojet is unionized and not SCABed work. The TSA MEC was even provided the opportunity to secure the work, but could not produce. I respect your opinion, but I know this industry and the way it works. I know that if TRUE SCABs get gainful employment, (even in the very union they SCABed against) then the GoJet pilots will have no problem finding work.

I have no stake in GoJet, nor am I seeking employment there. I just do not like people loosely using the word SCAB! UNFORTANTLY, from what I have seen at GoJet, it has started legally. Even more UNFORTANT, with the current wording used in the TSA Pilot's SCOPE, I don't even feel the ALPA will be successful with this grievance. It sucks I know!

I just don't think that the way this industry goes, that in 6 months everyone will have forgotten about it. Life will go on as normal.

I am just basing the future on past practice.

JackFlyer said:
Gojet is unionized and not SCABed work. The TSA MEC was even provided the opportunity to secure the work, but could not produce. I respect your opinion, but I know this industry and the way it works. I know that if TRUE SCABs get gainful employment, (even in the very union they SCABed against) then the GoJet pilots will have no problem finding work.

I have no stake in GoJet, nor am I seeking employment there. I just do not like people loosely using the word SCAB! UNFORTANTLY, from what I have seen at GoJet, it has started legally. Even more UNFORTANT, with the current wording used in the TSA Pilot's SCOPE, I don't even feel the ALPA will be successful with this grievance. It sucks I know!

What union is representing the GoJet's pilots? The word SCAB has been thrown around quite a bit. Obviously, they are not true SCABS by definition, but clearly are accepting employment by a company that is violating the Tran State's pilot's CBA.

I also beleive that they in fact do have a "No alter ego carrier" clause in their CBA. More than likely in Section 1. However, I don't have a TSA CBA, so maybe someone can clerify this point.

As always, just my opinion and grant everyone else the same.

Though the national union's official line was that "scab" lists don't exist I was told that ALPA national cannot control what individual members at ALPA airlines would do on interview boards when GoJet is seen on an application

There is a Master Scab List - it was posted on this board once - I think it was like 70+ pages long !!

Latest resources

Back