• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

go Jet clowns

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just the other day in ORD, my crew got the hotel van after waiting outside about 10 minutes in the cold. Van shows up, we load up, drive off. We get to the international terminal and the driver gets a call from the hotel telling him to go back for the GJ crew. We were like "WTF??? we've already left! we're not riding with those scumbags!!" The poor driver though, I hate that he gets put in the middle of all this, but the hotel was telling him to go back, so he did.
My crew and I had already decided that there was no way in hell we were going to ride with the GJ crew, so we got out of the van. We waited for about 5 minutes and GJ never showed up, so the van driver said that they were "hiding" from us, and he loaded us back up and we went to the hotel.... WITHOUT GJ!

I thought it was hilarious that the van driver knows what's going on and he actually said that the GJ crew was hiding from us!

After about half an hour at the hotel we all went to grab some dinner and we FINALLY see the hotel van with the GJ crew pull up to the front door!
I'm guessing they only had to wait for the van....oh... about 45 minutes! ha!

I have no doubt that there's probably some shared crew vans, it's the verbal confrontations and threats of physical violence I highly doubt.[/quote]

Why dont you ask some Eagle guys how the it can be with Flowbacks in the mix........

rtmcfi said:
I am not self righteous, just self respecting. I respect the sacrifices of those that came before me, and the sacrifices of my peers. I feel nothing but contempt for those that undue others hard work. I feel contempt for those that are undercutting you, unless you are hojets trash, or an A lister.

I never said you have to. However, It would be nice to have some solidarity. Feel free to sit on the sidelines passively and watch whats left of this career run aground. Hopefully there will be enough people that have a pair and actively do what little they can to stop this cancer.

(I seriously doubt it. Management needs to cut costs (look at ASA and Comair) and will continue to do so. All this talk about holding the line is a bunch of BS given the current state of the airline industry.)

Like any situation there are many truths. One undeniable truth, is that hojets is hurting every pilot involved in this industry. While they are blind to it, the hojets pilots are hurting themselves as well.

(- I seriously doubt this. I believe they have become the scapegoat for everything that is wrong with the regionals. Every regional will act to self-preserve and management will act accordingly. If one regional takes pay cuts everyone else will fall in line in order to keep flying.)

Hojets pilots made their bed. They can sleep uncomfortably in it. I choose not to hug them and accept them.

If the ends justify the means............

(Did anyone else catch what this person is saying?)

(If the "end justifies the means". Do you know what you are talking about? This would never hold up in a court of law that any action you do is justified to get to an end. I can just see you in front of the judge telling him your actions were justified because it meant an end that "you" determined was proper..)

(Or....whatever means you've done be it good or evil, it's still affects the end. That the means and the ends are interrelated, so that the fact that you've done "bad" things to achieve your goal, the "end" you've reached is also dirty and evil... even if it's for the good of the many.. and somehow it will have a negative effect. And you'll suffer the consequences.)

(These types of actions and attitudes hurt the industry and the integrity of the pilot group more than any other action. People look up to this industry. Pilots are there to keep them and their loved ones "safe". When they hear about these kind of actions and attitudes it hurts the industry.)

Of the top of my head, Air Wisconsin. A reputable carrier with good people that worked hard to improve their, and through association, all other regional pilots lot in life. They were undercut, and had their lives uprooted due in no small part to the thankless pukes at hojets. At the time hojets was hatching, there were other airlines hiring as well. ASA, SkyWest, COEX, Horizon, I'm sure there were others......

(Air Wisconsin was not undercut. UAL was looking to cut costs and they happened to be the second most expensive (in regards to costs) regional behind American Eagle.)

(When I said good jobs I did not mean another regional at $18,000 dollars a year. Many pilots cannot go back to that kind of pay...They have put too much into this job and have too many expenses to do that. Management knows there are very few good jobs and will force continuing cuts onto the pilot group until people stop showing up for those "good" $18,000 a year jobs.)

Love it or leave it huh? I suppose I should be embracing and accepting those that damage the career I have chosen.

There is not a good enough reason they could possibly provide, short of a gun being held to their head.

(Again- there you go hurting the industry again.)

If it walks like a duck, talks like a duck........

I'm not sure, as I don't work there, and was not privy to all that transpired. What I do know, is this: if HK couldn't staff his new low-ball, scumbag outfit, he would have been forced to deal with those at TSA that are attempting to improve the lives of regional pilots.

(Then how can you make these statements if you don't have the inside knowledge of what really happened? I don't either, I was just asking questions because you acted like you knew. I just think there is more to this situation then this message board can answer and there are many untruths and halftruths and BS being thrown around.)

100LL... Again! said:
My post was in response to the clown who said that there would be blood all over the shuttle bus if GJ pilots rode with them.

Geez, I was kidding, douche! Do you really think I would start punching a gayjet pilot and destroy my (so-called) career? It's fun to start $hit on this board. I would never do anyone serious harm in real life. That's ridiculous. I do think about it a lot though.

waterski said:
WOW, I was the Capt on this trip and let me say I dont like Gayjets pilots
but they werent late. We had a :40 van and they had a :50 .The van driver was running late. The Holiday Inn In JAX has vans on demand and when times are this close someone get the shaft.
Just my 2 cents

Sorry, I guess I misunderstood the story. Or maybe it really did happen to a different crew. We take the same vans out of there every day. It's just so easy to get pissed first and then ask questions later when it comes to these xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx at gayjets.

Oh my, even my eyes got wide at that one! Junior (and I use that term in the most respectful of ways) for a person who has been here long enough to post 319 times, you know as well as anybody that antics like that are frowned upon- and the more aggregious the abuse, the more harsh the punisment.

I hope your rant was worth it. You're outta here and you don't even rate a poem by me as I toss your lame carcass out the door.

Toodles!

UAL78

Last edited by a moderator:
210FR8DOG said:
Sorry, I guess I misunderstood the story. Or maybe it really did happen to a different crew. We take the same vans out of there every day. It's just so easy to get pissed first and then ask questions later when it comes to these at gayjets.

Another PERFECT EXAMPLE of the misinformation posted by those with an anti Go Jet agenda.
On the Bright side:
It is actually nice to see more people coming out and trying to
get the zealots to stop the flaming and start accepting that Go Jet is just like the rest of us. Once we get to that point we might actually start making a difference in how we can all work to start improving our lot in life.

Improve your life..

edited for language

booted out of here for my trouble

Just read that a go-jets pilot was hired by UPS. I hope to god that it's not true...edited due to excess testosterone...give it a rest, boys.

From a Chautauqua F/O ->

I've got a great idea for all of you...

First, go read the book "Flying the Line"
Second, go read the book "Flying the Line II"

Get a copy of the ALPA scab list and get a copy of the *************************'s list and keep it with you. Never let one of those on your jumpseat, and do everything in your might to keep them from employment in the cockpits of other solid reputable carriers. Or any other job in aviation if you can help it.

The *************************s guys have to live with their decisions for the rest of all time. And they will be feeling the effects of it for the next thirty and forty years.

But never let their behavior degrade your perception or cloud your judgement for one second. That would be giving them way too much credit. Our best strategy as professionals; is to never let these guys get us so off focus, that we put ourselves and our operations in jeapordy, for the sake of spiteing them. When we squabble amongst ourselves and spend all of our time insulting them on the internet, then management is getting what they want. An even more and more divided pilot group. If you really want to know what is spurring on the race to the bottom it is the fact that management has been able to turn the pilot groups against each other.

The *************************s pilots, each and every one of them, has cast his lot with the likes of those Eastern, United, and even Comair SCABS that are the true ultimate embarasement to their profession. Do what you can to keep these guys from getting to work and running their operation, but let's all do everything we can to not let them see our frustration - run a tight clean ship. They will soon be forgotten to the pages of the "lost and unemployed".

- Colin

Latest resources

Back