Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Go Jet Airlines, a reasonable option or a way to the blacklist?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
A career to me doesn't end at a regional its a stepping stone to a better job. I don't care for a place that does not care about me plain and simple. Go to work, punch the clock, and go home. Be done with it, its nothing more than a job but your job apparently has become your life. Now I can understand why pilots get so pissy like yourself. Your job owns your life and you let that happen. If you would be more like me and not give a ******************** you would not be so stressed.
How are your 100K student loan payments going? Your parents "trick" out your new basement abode yet? Hows Hulas treating you? You realize that when he finishes with the TSA guys he will have something "special" for you guys, most likely right before you upgrade. You will most likely get what you deserve!
PBR

Last edited:
You rely on court cases to justify immoral actions. If the courts ruled differently, your opinions would change. Grow your own moral compass. I think ALPA stopped recommending ho jets to their pilots on the street quite some time ago.

Look, I don't have a dog in this fight. But as an outside observer, I see this whole argument as bullsh*t.

Do I have a choice to rely on court cases? It's called following the law. If ALPA and TSA pilot group believed it was grossly wrong, why is there no appeal? Why isn't there another lawsuit?

Like I said, if ALPA says people shouldn't go to GoJet and issue a recruitment ban, you'll have a point.

But as it stands now, sorry, this is all emotional ranting without any real substance. By the same logic, people should forego ever applying to American Airlines after what they did to TWA, or to Continental Airlines because "they are full of scabs" or Airtran because it was "founded by scabs" or Delta "because how they treated Pan Am pilots"...

See what I'm getting at?

Leave the emotional drama out of it. The courts have ruled. You have 2 choices... 1) appeal the decisions and force ALPA to do what you believe is right.... or 2) live with the courts decisions..

Kinda like being a founding member of NAMBLA, the hoojetters keep saying their way of life is legitimate. No matter how you slice it, they are the equivalent of aviation child molesters. They keep defending themselves with more and louder rhetoric.
Guess what they are all chiteaters!
PBR
HoJets dirtbags have to use rationalization as a mental defense mechanism, because if they had to actually face how despicable they are they would have a breakdown.

Expressjet was one of the few that had it right as far as management not wanting to be a bottom feeder, but look what happened to them.

I give . . . what happened? Our pay is unchanged, our work rules are unchanged, we didn't undercut anybody, we haven't stabbed any group in the back, and no concessions have even been asked for. So nothing's changed. We may be smaller but we have never given back one penny and have definately NOT become a bottom feeder, as you imply.

Last edited:
A career to me doesn't end at a regional its a stepping stone to a better job. I don't care for a place that does not care about me plain and simple. Go to work, punch the clock, and go home. Be done with it, its nothing more than a job but your job apparently has become your life. Now I can understand why pilots get so pissy like yourself. Your job owns your life and you let that happen. If you would be more like me and not give a ******************** you would not be so stressed.

You're rationalization is one of ignorance, stupidity, and selfishness. It's despicable. If there was only a cure for cancer....

How are your 100K student loan payments going? Your parents "trick" out your new basement abode yet? Hows Hulas treating you? You realize that when he finishes with the TSA guys he will have something "special" for you guys, most likely right before you upgrade. You will most likely get what you deserve!
PBR

Wow where in this whole thread did I say I work for GJ? I simply said if given a job offer with no others I would take it. GJ is far from the top of my list of regionals to work for, but it is a lot easier to procure a job there than my top choices. Go hit the bar drunk.

You're rationalization is one of ignorance, stupidity, and selfishness. It's despicable. If there was only a cure for cancer....

Your right I'm stupid for not wanting to live at a regional for my whole career. Apparently I'm also ignorant and selfish to care only about myself and not my top notch employer who doesn't give a damn about me or my life. Let me ask you this, has your company ever said hey Jim you know everything is getting more expensive these day's were going to give you a raise how does that sound? No they haven't they don't give a damn about you or your life. So then you think well ALPA or Teamsters will help you, so you go and complain to them and say hey this is BS help us out like your supposed to. But.... What has ALPA done for you besides take more money out in monthly fees? Don't get me wrong union representation is necessary but ALPA just plain sucks. I don't know much about the teamsters so I won't comment on them. But from what I've gathered your fighting for better pay and QOL has gone unanswered. It is what it is people. If you want better pay and hours leave this career and find another there is plenty out there which are more suitable than this. The truth hurts sorry it has to be this way.

whatever Go Jet folks are still not allowed on my jump seat....

Wow your not a 3 year old. If the roles were ever reversed I would let you jump seat. No reason to be an ass over stupid BS.

Latest resources

Back