Global 5000 on Deck!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
P3-Adub said:
When you going to change your title to HMFIC2000EX ? Gulfstream did say that the wing is fixed.
??? You will have to enlighten me.

As for the G-200 design being fixed .... yea right. I know of a G-II that I will sell you with a patch in its wing for full market value ....

It is the SAME Eaton POS slat/flap accutators that are in the Astra. The only difference is that they changed the part numbers. This comes from the GD guys on the floor.

If I could give you another reason to run from the G200 it would be the runway performance. If you can sway the decision makers based on performance the CL 300 is a clear winner. Give you boss a 90F degree day, 1000 ' AGL with a 5000 foot runway and fly 1800 nm. The G-200 will not be able to get you off the ground and make 2nd segement. Ain't gonna happen. This is the example we used going from Peachtree to the west coast.

G100

HMFIC ??? Surely you know what that means ??? Head mother F&%ker in charge. Whats wrong with a patch anyway ? Makes the plane go faster, longer, and sell for more with such a fine improvement. All of that new metal on such an old airframe ? Passengers feel much more at ease when they see the man hole cover in the bottom of the wing, better for inspection access. Oh how I miss the smoke trail and bystanders covering their ears ! That and all of the freebies when buying 2000 gallons a pop.

Sorry to interrupt the G200 bashing... ;)

Our G550's have about 300 hours apiece on them. Since the "mini-cert", several problems have been fixed and a couple have reappeared. None of these problems will keep you from going but they are just annoyances. All the big pieces work great.

As for flying it at .87, it seems that we start to get pretty good buffett at that range. I'll try to look at the speed next time we get up that fast to make sure. Maybe it takes .88. GVflyer would know.

Anyway, another thing we've been doing is for the LAX-China or beyond trips, we don't even try to do long range cruise. We do .85 to Osaka, get gas and then it's .85 again to our destination. It really saves time.TC

G200, Hit the nail on the head most of the nuisance messages at start up are self induced on the Global line, if you don't let the computers finish the self tests and talking to each other at boot up your going to get fault messages.

I crank the APU then go do the outside walk around before I move a switch in the cockpit. In the last 3 years the airplane has never stranded me.

my 2 cents
CG

P3

P3, I'm sure they could slide you right back into that old GII, since you're feeling so nostalgic these days. I'll put in a good word for you.

We'll have you in Puerto Vallarta before you know what hit you!

P3-Adub said:
HMFIC ??? Surely you know what that means ??? Head mother F&%ker in charge. Whats wrong with a patch anyway ? Makes the plane go faster, longer, and sell for more with such a fine improvement. All of that new metal on such an old airframe ? Passengers feel much more at ease when they see the man hole cover in the bottom of the wing, better for inspection access. Oh how I miss the smoke trail and bystanders covering their ears ! That and all of the freebies when buying 2000 gallons a pop.

AA717driver said:
Sorry to interrupt the G200 bashing... ;)

As for flying it at .87, it seems that we start to get pretty good buffett at that range. I'll try to look at the speed next time we get up that fast to make sure. Maybe it takes .88. GVflyer would know.

TC
The jet should be buffet free to at least M 0.885. They all are flown to M 0.92 at 43,500 feet on the Production Test Flight then banked left and right 10 degrees to make sure that they are buffet free, have no stepped onset of a wing heavy condition and have sufficient lateral control in an overspeed condition. I've gone to M 0.955 with no buffet or mach effects other than the aileron trim becoming ineffective because it was operating behind the shock wave.

The governing regulation here is FAR Part 25 - Sec. 25.251(d):

(d) There may be no perceptible buffeting condition in the cruise configuration in straight flight at any speed up to VMO/MMO, except that stall warning buffeting is allowable.

With the new wedge-shaped flap trailing edge control rigging is critical. Look at the trailing edge of the flaps where they join the T-Box. I suspect one flap is rigged lower than the other.

GV

GV--Thanks, I'll do that. Plus, next time, I'll crank it up and see where the buffett begins. This time I'll keep my eyes open... ;) TC

P.S.--I'm getting my GIV type in March. I'll buy you a beer.

I have a question I'd like to ask the experts regarding the Gulfstream designations being changed. Is a G500 the same aircraft as a GV, in terms of performance, dimensions, etc? The reason I ask is because I was looking over a GV QRH and it listed the MGTOW at 90,500lb. However, I think I saw somewhere else that the G500 MGTOW was lower (85-86K?).....I'm a little confused on this one, thanks.

The Gulfstream V-SP is the G550.

The G500 is a "light" version of the G550.
It has less range than the G550 (5800 NM vs 6750 NM), a simpler cabin and lowered weights (85,100 MTOW vs 91,000 lbs).

But the initial cruise altitude and the payload with max fuel are higher on the G500.

Main difference between a g5000 and a global express is 32 inches shorter. But the interior difference is only 2inches shorter cause there is no crew rest area on the G5000. It is a beautiful machine. Excellent Field performance and a huge cabin with a state of the art cabin electronic system....WOW...

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back