• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Glass Cockpits All Around!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
touché.... DOH!!! i even read over this twice. sigh.... disregard my message. i'm eating my shoe right now... :)

To Be Or Not To Be, Spelling Bee, that is....

Man, this thread is a real treat!
What with wannabes and spellcheckers, it's a real hoot!!!:laugh:

Suggest you take a few English Language lessons before you take flying lessons.......otherwise you won't impress your instructors, examiners, HR people or pilot interview board!

b757driver said:
Man, this thread is a real treat!
What with wannabes and spellcheckers, it's a real hoot!!!:laugh:

Suggest you take a few English Language lessons before you take flying lessons.......otherwise you won't impress your instructors, examiners, HR people or pilot interview board!
Being competent in the English language is required to obtain any FAA pilot certificate....

gkrangers said:
Being competent in the English language is required to obtain any FAA pilot certificate....

Well, some folks are getting a bit carried away then, wouldn't you say?
Walk before you can run comes to mind........

give me a call, I'll give you dual in a glass cockpit for alot less than the overpriced ERAU will charge ya. Only $500/hr!!

gear goes down said:
airforceusaf said:
Boeing supplies the entire fleet at ERAU. quote]

I might be dumb, however, I always thought that ERAU used mostly Cessna’s and some Piper’s. And to my knowledge, I was never aware that Boeing made general aviation airplanes….. I might be dumb, but this just doesn’t seem right……
ok i visited this past weekend and they said that they have an agreement with boeing and ERAU leases the fleet for like 3-4 years then they generaly switch them out. i diddnt mean they had boeing 747s or anything. lol im very sory for the confusion.

Well so much for well trained instrument pilots.

I taught at Ohio University, we switched to all glass and students ended up having very poor situational awareness without the giant moving map.

My advice, fly a normal six pack airplane.

Just my opinion.

While I agree that learning glass is a good thing in this day and age, I still think that a student should learn round gauges first.

If not I think they should have an "Efis Only" restriction added to their IFR certificate.

I flew with a guy that did his inst. in a cirrus not too far back, only problem was we were in a round dial airplane.....he was completly lost and would most probably have killed himself had he been solo in the plane.

Had absolutley no idea where he was, where he was going, or what he was supposed to do. Without a moving map he might as well been a passenger in the back.

Latest resources

Back