• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

GJ Hiring

kngarthur

Total Time
Gotta call from GJ's! Does anyone know anything about these guys. Contract? Days off? Any info would be appreciated.

TCBKING

Total Time
kngarthur said:
Gotta call from GJ's! Does anyone know anything about these guys. Contract? Days off? Any info would be appreciated.

Im hoping you dont get any nibbles on this Bait. with that said, Oh its a great place to work. Great Schedules, minimum 15 days off, highest payrates out there, Quality peers to work with and 2 weeks vacation to start with an additional week every year you are there. Good Luck:rolleyes:

Shrek

Total Time
Do a search on your prospective employer son.......BEFORE you go

whymeworry?

Total Time
12000+
kngarthur said:

Go to GJ? Don't expect any respect from the rest of the profession if you do. Any GJ pilot that crosses my path is going to be embarrassed if in public. Some say it's not a scab airline, well, it is. Stealing jobs from others is a scab tactic, hence GJ is a scab airline.

Don't be ignorant.

Terry Hunter

Silence!
Total Time
<0>
whymeworry? said:
Go to GJ? Don't expect any respect from the rest of the profession if you do. Any GJ pilot that crosses my path is going to be embarrassed if in public. Some say it's not a scab airline, well, it is. Stealing jobs from others is a scab tactic, hence GJ is a scab airline.

Don't be ignorant.

Got one!

Fblowjets

Total Time
Not telling you what to do..but... Just read all the post on here and see what the major part of the airline industry feels about the Blowjet pilots. Saw a few at the subway the other day in STL, all had their badges turned around. They know the deal. Things might look great for these guys now, but trust me when they spend the rest of their career on reserve cause they get stapled to the bottom of the TSA list, life is gonna suck for them. Make up your own mind, but do all your homework first.

Terry Hunter

Silence!
Total Time
<0>
Fblowjets said:
Not telling you what to do..but... Just read all the post on here and see what the major part of the airline industry feels about the Blowjet pilots. Saw a few at the subway the other day in STL, all had their badges turned around. They know the deal. Things might look great for these guys now, but trust me when they spend the rest of their career on reserve cause they get stapled to the bottom of the TSA list, life is gonna suck for them. Make up your own mind, but do all your homework first.

Got another!

h25b

Left for ProPilotWorld
Total Time
I think this post pretty much sums up what kind of support exists out there from the general ALPA public. Good luck fellas ! :rolleyes:

An outstanding summation of the "big picture" no one really wants to face up to...

BenderGonzales said:
ALPA is the real joke here. How many pilots does USAir have on furlough? It numbers in the thousands. And yet they have the gall to say that they "do not condone" these pilots accepting employment with this particular company?

They did the same thing with Freedom Air!

You know what? When ALPA starts paying my mortgage they can tell me where to work. As long as no picket line is being crossed I think ALPA can stick their advice where the sun don't shine.

Why? Because they're hypocrites. They have no problem signing agreements to outsource an ARMADA of 50-100 seat airplanes while thousands of pilots are being furloughed. But god forbid the furloughees try and find employment FLYING one of these 50-100 seat replacement jets!

Sure. The TSA pilots have a point. Their management has created an alter-ego airline in order to whipsaw them into submission.

Yup! I agree 100%. At the same time, however, I believe that management's practice of putting 40,50,70,90+ seat "regional jets" at affiliate carriers is a whipsaw as well! And you know what? ALPA permitted it!! Duane Woerth signed the LOA!!!

I'm not an airline pilot anymore. And things like this make me darned glad.

Somewhere out there is a furloughee from US Airways, or United, or American (TWA) or Delta... He didn't want to accept jets4jobs because you said it was wrong.

He didn't want to accept employment at Republic because you said it's wrong.

He couldn't get hired by Southwest or Jetblue or FedEx because he was one of literally THOUSANDS who were trying to do so and were unsuccessful.

And now his UNION...the one who was supposed to protect HIS job but instead outsourced it has told him that they don't CONDONE him going out and getting the only flying job he could???

I'm raising the B.S. flag. I refuse to cross a picket line. Beyond that ALPA will not govern my career decisions. They lost the ability to make THOSE decisions when they signed on to the company's plan to park DC9s and buy regional-jets flown by pilots who didn't even work for my company...and for a fraction of the pay!!!

You want a whipsaw? Look around! Every Bombardier and Embraer you see is whipsaw.

These MDA guys may be losing their jobs AGAIN. Many of them, furloughed by the same company for a THIRD time. If I were them i'd mail my ALPA wings to Duane in a pretty box with a bow and tell him where to store it.

Ok. Flame away.

Last edited:

kngarthur

Total Time
I have a friend who is their now that I just talked to. He said this stuff will go away on it's own, and everyone will eventually forget?

Fblowjets

Total Time
Terry Hunter said:
Got another!

got another what? Idiot thinkning of Hojets. Thats pretty funny these girls think it is just gonna go away. What else is mgt gonna tell them? Good luck ladies

STREAKS

Skin and Steel
Total Time
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
UR serious...

Shrek

Total Time
kngarthur said:
I have a friend who is their now that I just talked to. He said this stuff will go away on it's own, and everyone will eventually forget?

ROFL..........LOL........that was freakin hillarious