GJ Hiring Captains and fo's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FlyHIToo said:
USAir MEC told their furloughed pilots to go work at GJ.

You fail to mention the next day there was a special Code-A-Phone recanting such a statement and expressing strong support for Trans States ALPA pilots in their battle against alter-ego carriers.

BTW, XJ is Mesaba, XJT is Expressjet ;)

BoilerUP said:
You fail to mention the next day there was a special Code-A-Phone recanting such a statement and expressing strong support for Trans States ALPA pilots in their battle against alter-ego carriers.

BTW, XJ is Mesaba, XJT is Expressjet ;)

I think just the fact that the original message went out spoke volumes... It was sort of like one day coming out in support of the Nazi party and the next day issuing a press release of condemnation...

Smarta$$ said:
So work from within and get both groups on one list.

OK... As APA said to TWA....
Since we have 777's and you only had 767's, had AA not bought TWA you never would have held 777 CA, so we will staple you in away that would never let you hold 777 CA prior to the staple date here at AA.

FlyHIToo said:
OK... As APA said to TWA....
Since we have 777's and you only had 767's, had AA not bought TWA you never would have held 777 CA, so we will staple you in away that would never let you hold 777 CA prior to the staple date here at AA.

Three things,
1. This first of all would be fine considering you make less overall on your 777 than TSA pilots make on their little 767.

2. That is a different circumstance because TWA was a seperate company, not a company that AA created with seperate pilots to whipsaw and save money. You know this difference makes this an apples and oranges urguement so why would you use this example?

3. If not for pay, It really doesnt matter what kind of airliner you fly does it? flying your big 777 doesnt even factor into this unless you have SJS. (But this does give me a glimps of your SJS mindset)

It is clear by your tone that you have no intention of considering my suggestion. Thats too bad. I have a feeling if this does not get resolved soon, thier will be many gayjets pilots in a few years silently wishing they would have grouped the lists together.

Smarta$$ said:
It is clear by your tone that you have no intention of considering my suggestion. Thats too bad. I have a feeling if this does not get resolved soon, thier will be many gayjets pilots in a few years silently wishing they would have grouped the lists together.

I do think that the only way to over come whipsaw is work together. I and many others would consider your suggestion. It can be done with or without out one list. Long as the two sides work together.

However, sadly.... I, with 100% certainty, know that TSA MEC will never consider talking to the IBT on this issue.

FlyHIToo,
Don't be mistaken, the NMB ruled the two do not constitute a single transportation system. That has nothing to do with the fact that you are an alter ego carrier being used to depress wages at not only Trans States, but at all of the other regionals as well. You GJ guys are like politicians, you twist and spin to make almost any information sound positive for you. This decision in no way validates your pilot group or what you are doing to lower the standards in the regional industry.

FlyHI
We would be willing to consider it as long as it includes the staple of GJ to the bottom of TSA. Now you want to work together when you are the ones that helped to create the whipsaw?

TSA ERJ said:
Don't be mistaken, the NMB ruled the two do not constitute a single transportation system. That has nothing to do with the fact that you are an alter ego carrier being used to depress wages at not only Trans States, but at all of the other regionals as well. You GJ guys are like politicians, you twist and spin to make almost any information sound positive for you. This decision in no way validates your pilot group or what you are doing to lower the standards in the regional industry.

Freedom/CCAir were alter-egos. GJ is not anymore an alter-ego than ComAir is to DAL, or Eagle is to American. That is the ruling of the NMB. In their words, in their ruling on page 38.

Not that it is not undercuting, but GJ has done nothing worse than MESA, CHQ, or SkyWest. SkyWest is non-union and not trying to organize and flying 70/90 seaters for 50 rates. GJ makes more than MESA and the same as CHQ and SkyWset, without even negotiating.

I agree wages at all four are low. GJ can actually improve there postion soon as the NMB certifies their union and negotiating resumes. Your fight should not be just with GJ alone, but MESA, CHQ, and SkyWest too.

Last edited:
TSA ERJ said:
FlyHI
We would be willing to consider it as long as it includes the staple of GJ to the bottom of TSA. Now you want to work together when you are the ones that helped to create the whipsaw?

That will never happen, sorry.

Latest resources

Back