GJ Hiring Captains and fo's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
N1FuelFlow said:
I am watching all of this from a third party airline. From what I have gathered from working in the regional industry I think ************************* pilots steped on every other regional airline pilots head. A lot of people at GJ jumped the seniority list at TSA and now accept first year pay as a capt or fo at GJ, when eveyother airline has to pay higher rates for people with 4 and 5 years of senioity who waited there turn. So it seems to me when airline managment wants to drive down the pilot wage even more they can start up another company for everyone to come jump the seniority list and fly for 1st year pay rates. It really pisses me off, they won't be riding in my jumpseat. Best Regards. and good luck to those of you at GJ who have made enemies with many people in the industry!

Thank you for your support. You summed up our situation nicely, despite the attempts of others (g0jet) on this board to confuse the issue as to what exactly happened.

FlyHIToo said:
I do think that the only way to over come whipsaw is work together. I and many others would consider your suggestion. It can be done with or without out one list. Long as the two sides work together.

However, sadly.... I, with 100% certainty, know that TSA MEC will never consider talking to the IBT on this issue.

What does the IBT have to do with this? Last I heard the IBT has not been certified at GJ. Many pilots at G0JETS are thinking of voting in ALPA just so they can protect themselves from management, at least this is what I hear from talking to many of them in STL. There are a few select management types who are trying to push the IBT, but most GJ pilots are getting beat up with 6 day trips and 9 days off a month, no block or better, flying out of ORD and IAD. They can see through the BS management is throwing at them. Yes I work at TSA, and yes I think the only way to solve this is to come together, even though I despise every single pilot on the G0JETS senority list. Honestly though, I think TSAH is screwing themselves by treating these traitors so bad. These poor guys are eventually realizing they are just pawns in the the game, and again, from what I've heard, most are trying to look for a solution to their horrible QOL.

fuelflow said:
There is not a single scab at G0Jet. I can't say the same for TSA or Pinnacle. Our pilots have been hired at several "legacy" carriers and cargo companies. Come to think of it, I don't think we have any Gulfstream Acadamy PFT guys like you working for us. I'll interview along with you anywhere and we'll see who gets hired.

EVERYONE THAT WORKS AT G0JET IS A SCAB YOU IGNORANT PRICK... YOU ARE TAKING THE JOB OF SOMEONE ELSE. And the "I'll interview along with you..." COMMENT IS THE SELF-PROFITING SCAB-LIKE BEHAVIOR THAT HAS ALLOWED YOUR COMPANY TO EXIST.

FlyHIToo said:
Don't get me wrong all these rates could be better. But GJ is no worse than CHQ, SKYWEST, or MESA. GJ's rates are the company's initial offer and have not even been negotiated yet. So GJ's rates will only improve.

70 SEAT RATES CAPT

CHQ GJ* SKY MESA

1YR $56 $56 $56 $55
2YR $58 $58 $58 $57
3YR $62 $60 $60 $58
4YR $64 $62 $61 $60
5YR $66 $64 $63 $62
6YR $68 $66 $65 $64
7YR $70 $68 $67 $66
8YR $72 $70 $69 $68
9YR $75 $72 $71 $70
10YR $77 $74 $74 $72
15YR $89 $84 $84 $83

*GJ Company offered non-negotiated Rates

Pay rates make up very little of the "cost" of a contract to a company. Work rules governing quality of life and utilization are what ends up making contracts expensive.

All the airlines you listed above are back-stabbers however.

N1FuelFlow said:
A lot of people at GJ jumped the seniority list at TSA and now accept first year pay as a capt or fo at GJ, when eveyother airline has to pay higher rates for people with 4 and 5 years of senioity who waited there turn.

I know for a fact that some of the Captains that jumped over to GJ from other regionals were given DOH from their previous carrier. Thus making 5 year pay, NOT first year pay. So there are at least a few, likely more, that didn't exactly grab a seat for less money just to grab the seat.. Now if that pi$$es you off, fine. But to me it's like going to another company to do the same job for more money.

This is an interesting point that people like redbook and TSA145 like to omit to further demonize those crossing over to the "DarK Side..."

The last time I pointed this out no one had anything to say...

Last edited:
Not exactly, the GJ name gets automatically edited and you will likely automatically get banned for posting such a link on this board. It's a big no, no ...

h25b said:
I know for a fact that some of the Captains that jumped over to GJ from other regionals were given DOH from their previous carrier. Thus making 5 year pay, NOT first year pay. So there are at least a few, likely more, that didn't exactly grab a seat for less money just to grab the seat.. Now if that pi$$es you off, fine. But to me it's like going to another company to do the same job for more money.

This is an interesting point that people like redbook and TSA145 like to omit to further demonize those crossing over to the "DarK Side..."

The last time I pointed this out no one had anything to say...
SOME is the key word here. How many airlines get to operate with almost ALL of their work force on 1st year pay. AND yes payroll is one of the largest expenses at an airline an other than fuel and probably maintainence of the aircraft. OK going to another company for more money and the same job? Everyone knows in the airline world its sad to say even though you have 10,000 hours and a type in the aircraft the airline operates they still start you at the bottom rate. SO i'm sorry H25b I still don't see your point other than you steped on all of your pilot brothers heads. Please try to convince me! If I can see your point on how what you and your fellow GJetters did I have no problem letting you guys in my Jump.( same goes for many other of my coworkers) but for now I feel bad for those TSA guys. Best Regards

N1FuelFlow said:
SO i'm sorry H25b I still don't see your point other than you steped on all of your pilot brothers heads. Please try to convince me! If I can see your point on how what you and your fellow GJetters did I have no problem letting you guys in my Jump

You really don't read any posts before you respond to them do you ??? Don't work there....

Latest resources

Back