Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
fuelflow said:
Shrek -

Look harder. I know of at least one, though I won't mention names here. Ex-Eastern, I'm very sure he's still there. I bet your ALPA friends can identify the rest.

B.G. is long gone, no longer on the TSA seniority list.

Smarta$$:

I have no motivation. My point is that you guys better get together if you want to fight your management....but the way you have treated the G0Jet pilots, why would they want to play ball with you.....there will always be those of you who feel you got screwed and will continually take it out on someone.

Secondly, why does it have to be someone's fault. You want my opinion?

Fault lies squarely at the feet of those who let regional, pay for training, pay for services airlines fly mainline passengers in jet aircraft instead of requiring that they be flown at mainline at better (certainly more appropriate) wages/benefits on a single brand seniority list. Need a list? ALPA, (insert every regional airline here), Osama Bin Laden, an apathetic Federal Government, an apathetic Chief Executive, and a greedy bunch of bastards who run the companies of this country into the ground and blame someone else.

Regional airlines exist at the behest of their mainline couterparts. Without mainline airlines, regional airlines don't exist. Yet at this point, there is a continual demand for their services at lower rates because the current economic conditions for regional aircraft services demand lower cost structures. Translation: The mainline systems that the regional airlines get all their revenue from are BK and they cannot afford to pay the "going rate" for those services. In the late 90's, regional airline aircraft were an attractive alternative to higher cost mainline flying...today that is not true. The regional airline systems are not adding profits to the mainline system. So the mainline partner looks for a cheaper route.

So, when you figure out how to fix all that, let me know. Until then, respect your fellow aviators, as they are, like you, trying to plow through life as it comes at them.

Should I go on?

A350

Interesting read.

This subject makes a lot of folks upset, however I doubt anybody that flys for the mentioned company will ever see any blowback from it.

No picket lines have been crossed. I have yet to see an HR department that cared where you flew to get the time.

ALPA list is the only one that could really shoot down the pilots that flew there. I think their record speaks for it's self over the past few years and strikes, they are not going to do anything. ALPA can't even figure out how to handle bonafide picket line crossers, much less deal with some perceived issue with a non union company flown on it's own certificate.

This situation is simply a continuation of what happened to the mainlines, except now the regionals are on the receiving end of it. Instead of taking the flying from mainline, their flying is being taken. Different name for it, same game. The CEO's are loving it.

Smarta$$ said:
No you don't dumba$$, your either full of sh!t or dillusional.

Don't get me wrong all these rates could be better. But GJ is no worse than CHQ, SKYWEST, or MESA. GJ's rates are the company's initial offer and have not even been negotiated yet. So GJ's rates will only improve.

70 SEAT RATES CAPT

CHQ GJ* SKY MESA

1YR $56 $56 $56 $55
2YR $58 $58 $58 $57
3YR $62 $60 $60 $58
4YR $64 $62 $61 $60
5YR $66 $64 $63 $62
6YR $68 $66 $65 $64
7YR $70 $68 $67 $66
8YR $72 $70 $69 $68
9YR $75 $72 $71 $70
10YR $77 $74 $74 $72
15YR $89 $84 $84 $83

*GJ Company offered non-negotiated Rates

Last edited:
FlyHI
Please post the quote from the NMB that says GJ is not an alter ego carrier. You can't because they do not say that. And answer my earlier question, why would you be willing to talk with the TSA pilots to stop the whipsaw when you are one of the pilots that enabled it in the first place.

By the way, payrates are only a small part of a CBA, don't just post payrates, but compare the entire contract. Let's see all of the GJ workrules and other provisions compared to those at SkyWest, CHQ, Mesa and others you compare yourself to.

Last edited:
TSA ERJ said:
FlyHI
Please post the quote from the NMB that says GJ is not an alter ego carrier. You can't because they do not say that. And answer my earlier question, why would you be willing to talk with the TSA pilots to stop the whipsaw when you are one of the pilots that enabled it in the first place.

tsa erj you have a gift for brevity and clarity. All the nonsense put forth by g0jet pilots and a few messge board agitators.."its not our fault, the industry sucks" etc. dodges the main point. THEY WILL NEVER ADDRESS THIS POINT.
Dan K, Dave T and his ilk were among the least respected pilots at tsa and were pefect fodder to join with tsah management.

Now they show up here as defenders of the profession. Funny, pathetic, and sad all at once. But hey, nobody will remember in a few years, or so they keep telling us. Time will tell.

I am watching all of this from a third party airline. From what I have gathered from working in the regional industry I think ************************* pilots steped on every other regional airline pilots head. A lot of people at GJ jumped the seniority list at TSA and now accept first year pay as a capt or fo at GJ, when eveyother airline has to pay higher rates for people with 4 and 5 years of senioity who waited there turn. So it seems to me when airline managment wants to drive down the pilot wage even more they can start up another company for everyone to come jump the seniority list and fly for 1st year pay rates. It really pisses me off, they won't be riding in my jumpseat. Best Regards. and good luck to those of you at GJ who have made enemies with many people in the industry!

Latest resources

Back