Give Flightinfo Some Time

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Way2Broke said:
It is going to be a learning experience for the new people running the board.

Perhaps it would be prudent for the grieving owner of the board to defer to the wisdom and experience of the Moderators who have been maintaining decorum for quite some time. There was no need for sweeping changes.

FN FAL said:
What's your baggage?

Shut up, be happy, count your blessings there is still a forum with which to frolic on. If there's a lack of information regarding the "big picture" it's probably because it's none of our business. It's that simple.

So disapointing to read FN FAL........ :(

The new owners of the board need to talk to us and explain their plans.
The moderators need to talk to us and explain their new relationship with the owner
Sweeping changes are not needed. The moderators kept an even keel.
The lack of information is causing an uproar the board needs information.

GravityHater said:
The moderators need to TALK to us, explain what is going on in their heads.
heck we don't even know who they are, are they av-dudes like us or what.

Isn't one of them a fake?

I suppose perception is reality. I know that I'm not doing anything that is different than my other years of moderating (much to many's dismay :D ).

If there's a perception of a different tone from the new guys calling the shots, AND THIS IS MY HUMBLE OPINION it MIGHT be that for somebody coming here and not used to sometimes what goes on and how it goes on is a real eye opener.

I believe I could distill the rules down to about three sentences and if each and every person played by them, this place would be absolutely free of moderation and you'd never hear from us again. But that's not reality.

Since I'm not in management of this site and am a volunteer like the other guys, I can only speak for myself when I say thanks to those who have been supportive and to those who have not, all I can say is we try the best that we can- some people can never be happy, nor do they really want to be. This place is like a family, there are squabbles, happy times, etc. Disfunctional? Yes, sometimes, but like a family it is only here to try to get us through life with some transferring of information, supporting each other, and having some fun at the same time.

You all bring some good suggestions to the table, and I'm sure that Neal will be seeing this thread. Speaking of fun, thank you all for your support and "You think you're all that? Well, we'll see about it?"
http://www.hackermovies.de/moviefiles/HM_RacingBeats.wmv

Be well,

UAL78

If there's a perception of a different tone from the new guys calling the shots, AND THIS IS MY HUMBLE OPINION it MIGHT be that for somebody coming here and not used to sometimes what goes on and how it goes on is a real eye opener.

LOL! I think that is probably the case. I am not a pilot, my father is a very old
ex-bomber pilot, my son is a young regional pilot. I used to think my boy was too rough around the edges to fit in with 'professional' airline pilots. Then I found FlightInfo and saw the proof that he would fit in just fine. I read with jaw dropped and eyebrows raised for the first week! And now I look forward every day to what goes on here.

I lurked here for years and found the moderation to be mostly equitable. The only taboo subject seemed to be any knocks on LogbookPro. Now I don't know. That other site, airlinesforum.org seems promising.

indiglo

indiglo said:
I lurked here for years and found the moderation to be mostly equitable. The only taboo subject seemed to be any knocks on LogbookPro. Now I don't know. That other site, airlinesforum.org seems promising.

indiglo

I agree 100%.

airlinesforums.org looks inviting.. I think we'll see some old friends over there that are no longer welcome here.

Latest resources

Back