GIA potential furlough?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
very mature responses.

A lot of very good pilots, very hard working people work at Gulfstream, and while the management is driving the airline into the ground, and furloughs are around the corner, all you can do make a joke? You should be proud of yourself. Karma is a bitch.

Driving it into the ground? Did they ever make off the ground?

As usual, a bunch of uneducated responses on the flightinfo.com forum. First off, all of the pilots affected by this are not PFT'ers. The PFT'ers will pay the money, get 250 turbine and move on (pinnacle, skywest, comair, asa, psa, etc,) all of the usual companies that hire gulfstreamers with 250 turbine on a regular basis(because all of them do). Crewmembers affected by this will be recently hired FO's off the street with 135 charter, corporate, turbojet time, hours built through hard work and long hours like most of us. Trust me, i've flown with most of them and it is very dissappointing to see. The best pilots are being affected by the situation we are all in and it is not an easy time for all of us so please relax, we are all in this toghether at this point. If you disagree just ask the pilots who are at southwest, fedex, ups, spirit, airtran, usair, jetblue, netjets, flexjet, citationshares, delta, continental and all of the other 135/corporate ops out there that have hired ex-gulfstreamers.

Last edited:
As usual, a bunch of uneducated responses on the flightinfo.com forum. First off, all of the pilots affected by this are not PFT'ers. The PFT'ers will pay the money, get 250 turbine and move on (pinnacle, skywest, comair, asa, psa, etc,) all of the usual companies that hire gulfstreamers with 250 turbine on a regular basis(because all of them do). Crewmembers affected by this will be recently hired FO's off the street with 135 charter, corporate, turbojet time, hours built through hard work and long hours like most of us. Trust me, i've flown with most of them and it is very dissappointing to see. The best pilots are being affected by the situation we are all in and it is not an easy time for all of us so please relax, we are all in this toghether at this point. If you disagree just ask the pilots who are at southwest, fedex, ups, spirit, airtran, usair, jetblue, netjets, flexjet, citationshares, delta, continental and all of the other 135/corporate ops out there that have hired ex-gulfstreamers.[/quo

Working there supports pay for training. All the other regionals have been hiring that don't have PFT so there was a choice.

As usual, a bunch of uneducated responses on the flightinfo.com forum. First off, all of the pilots affected by this are not PFT'ers. The PFT'ers will pay the money, get 250 turbine and move on (pinnacle, skywest, comair, asa, psa, etc)

As long as I've even known of GIA, it's been PFT. You're saying there are pilots still flying there who got hired before they started this PFT bs?
You're contradicting yourself by saying they "pay their money, get 250 & move on". So if everyone gets their 250 and moves on, then who is flying there that never PFT'd? Every GIA person I've come across claims they didn't pay for training there. Just wondering what they're telling you guys when you're "hired" there that makes people thing they never "PFT'd".

Last edited:
As long as I've even known of GIA, it's been PFT. You're saying there are pilots still flying there who got hired before they started this PFT bs?
You're contradicting yourself by saying they "pay their money, get 250 & move on". So if everyone gets their 250 and moves on, then who is flying there that never PFT'd? Every GIA person I've come across claims they didn't pay for training there. Just wondering what they're telling you guys when you're "hired" there that makes people thing they never "PFT'd".

GIA has been hiring FOs and street Captains off the street for the last couple of years without any sort of PFT. They still have the PFT program, but they've hired tons of pilots without PFT. That's just a function of the regional job market over the last few years. When guys with 250 hours could just go straight to a CRJ without having to PFT, GIA had no choice but to street hire.

GIA has been hiring FOs and street Captains off the street for the last couple of years without any sort of PFT. They still have the PFT program, but they've hired tons of pilots without PFT. That's just a function of the regional job market over the last few years. When guys with 250 hours could just go straight to a CRJ without having to PFT, GIA had no choice but to street hire.

PFT_128, how much did you pay for your job there? Is it a lump sum or do you pay them $xx.xx for each hour you fly for them?

I love how anytime something is posted about Gulfstream all we can talk about is "PFT". How about we all get our heads out of our bums and look at the big picture...because Gulfstream has sold the 120's not only "PFT"s are affected but so are flight attendants and senior pilots who didn't PFT. Right now it's not about what company you work for, how much money you paid or didn't pay, our industry is in the pooper right now and thousands are loosing jobs. So rather than rag on Gulfstream or any other company maybe we should think about our fellow pilots and airline employees who are no longer getting pay checks and have familys to support...

I'm actually surprised that they're getting rid of the EMBs. I figured that those would be more highly prized than the ratty old 1900s.

Latest resources

Back