• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

GIA potential furlough?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm actually surprised that they're getting rid of the EMBs. I figured that those would be more highly prized than the ratty old 1900s.

Actually the 120's were the ratty maintenance pigs, constantly breaking and causing a ripple effect of delays and stranded passengers that the reliable 1900 would always make up for.

As for the non-issue of PFT. The only tools I hear whining about it are the ones who weren't smart enough to do it themselves or be able to afford it. These are the SAME tools that freakin DROOL over a potential interview at SWA....the original PFT airline!

I'm sorry for all of the guys/gals at GIA that are going through this now....don't be so quick to throw stones......YOUR airline may be next on the hit list!

And YES I did go to GIA academy, paid for it and cut at least 2 years off the time it took me to get to a regional. ZERO regrets and no apologies. If it weren't for GIA I wouldn't be at Delta now. I'd highly recommend GIA to anyone considering a career change or fresh out of college. Not everyone is cut out to be a CFI nor should they be. I figure that the $24,000 I paid for GIA will have added easily $250,000 in career earnings and $400,000 in my 401K balance at retirement age. Why would I trade that for 2 years of students trying to kill me and get me violated working 6 days a week? Screw that.

And YES I did go to GIA academy, paid for it and cut at least 2 years off the time it took me to get to a regional. ZERO regrets and no apologies. If it weren't for GIA I wouldn't be at Delta now. I'd highly recommend GIA to anyone considering a career change or fresh out of college. Not everyone is cut out to be a CFI nor should they be. I figure that the $24,000 I paid for GIA will have added easily $250,000 in career earnings and $400,000 in my 401K balance at retirement age. Why would I trade that for 2 years of students trying to kill me and get me violated working 6 days a week? Screw that.

VxPilot and The General:

Take note - here is the typical GIA attitude. All about me. Sorry if you don't think it applies to you, I'm sure it doesn't. But we're just calling it like we see it....

Roger that!

We'll add you to the list of people that 99% of us don't like.

There you have it folks.....Andy here did what was best for him so that he could fast track to the almighty Delta cockpit.....Save the "brotherhood" BS Andy.....

VxPilot and The General:

Take note - here is the typical GIA attitude. All about me. Sorry if you don't think it applies to you, I'm sure it doesn't. But we're just calling it like we see it....

...and now he is at Delta....where the "all about ME" attitude continues.......

Actually the 120's were the ratty maintenance pigs, constantly breaking and causing a ripple effect of delays and stranded passengers that the reliable 1900 would always make up for.

As for the non-issue of PFT. The only tools I hear whining about it are the ones who weren't smart enough to do it themselves or be able to afford it. These are the SAME tools that freakin DROOL over a potential interview at SWA....the original PFT airline!

I'm sorry for all of the guys/gals at GIA that are going through this now....don't be so quick to throw stones......YOUR airline may be next on the hit list!

I guess I am one of the dumb ones then. I didn't buy my job.

Oh no, my feelings are hurt because Joe don't like me.....I think I'll cry all the way to the bank.

This thread is supposed to be about potential furloughs at GIA, which hopefully can be avoided. It truely sucks when the commuters and regionals are talking the F word and no one is hiring....no place to go too. Scary times for all involved no matter where you are. Just trying to get the point accross not to bash GIA because any one of us could very well be next. How we got here or where we came from is a debate for another day.....what matters is that fellow pilots, with familys, homes and very real concerns are going to be faced with very tough times....how bout we quit pointing the fingers and feeding into the animosity and help each other out with some kindness??? I'll even be nice to Joe!

Latest resources

Back