Getting out?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
L'il J.Seinfeld said:
I equate the Air Force pilot bonus with the question "Will you accept 1 million bucks in lieu of watching your children grow up."

1 million bucks?? Where do I get that bonus???

Deuce130 said:
1 million bucks?? Where do I get that bonus???

That was my point exactly. The bonus could be 10 million and it still would not have been worth it. You FedEx guys are a bit slow on the uptake.

Bonus Bonus, what is a bonus? lets see I was gone from home over four years in eleven years of active duty. I guess I did not spend adequate time with my kid. Before I knew he had gone off and joined the military to be a pilot. If only I had stayed home more I could have prevented him from pursuing this career. Thanks l'il'J for setting me straight, all these years I thought it was about service and not money.

About service and not money? What the he!! does that mean? For me, it came to family before service. I did my part and now its my kid's turn. The post 9/11 schedules are soemthing you may not understand Yip.

Cg

Hard to make O6 in CG?

Harder for some than others... It seems like aviators have to really screw up or leave to not make O4. It is a lot harder to make O5 because the command of an aircraft that sounded great as an O3 doesn't compare as well with what the ship drivers and ops ashore folks are doing as O4s plus the positions start to kneck down quite a bit. After O5, you pretty much need your masters, the right jobs, avoid stepping on your crank or the wrong boss, and a little luck for the next step. Other than that - piece of cake!

Sure, there is some politics, but I think it is a pretty fair system.

MaxT

All Military personnel, active or not, have my total support!!!!

Last edited:
To all of you who serve or did serve in the military I commend you for serving under the complete incompetence of GEORGE W.BUSH and our current government reps.

Flystr8 said:
To all of you who serve or did serve in the military I commend you for serving under the complete incompetence of GEORGE W.BUSH and our current government reps.

We appreciate your commendation Flystr8. But while people are dying, and you aren't among the ranks. Never pass up the opportunity to shut the f#ck up.

Last edited:
pilotyip said:
Bonus Bonus, what is a bonus? lets see I was gone from home over four years in eleven years of active duty. I guess I did not spend adequate time with my kid. Before I knew he had gone off and joined the military to be a pilot. If only I had stayed home more I could have prevented him from pursuing this career. Thanks l'il'J for setting me straight, all these years I thought it was about service and not money.

Four years out of 11 wow!!! ...I was home 14 months out of the last 6 years. It is about service.... but all these anti-bonus guys probably gave up O4-O5 pay to make E3 pay I'm sure.

Latest resources

Back