Getting out of Jury Duty?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ke4akj1976

I have jury duty coming up. I was wondering if ASA can intercede and get me out of it. Anyone with any experience?

I have escaped jury duty twice. I am not going to tell you how to escape. It is actually much easier than you think. Just be creative or ask a judge.

9.E.3.
A pilot who is called for jury duty will be paid and credited with 3.95 hours at his
applicable hourly rate for each scheduled duty or reserve day lost to jury duty. Such jury duty leave pay will be offset by any amount the pilot receives from the court, excluding mileage and expenses.

What is your original trip like?

If you have enough time, write a letter to the courts saying you will be out of town. They will delay it..and so on.

But just remember, would you want a jury of 12 peers who aren't smart enough to get out of it?

Last edited:
Sat on two different juries. One was a murder case. Go do it and enjoy. It's a good experience that beats dicking around in an RJ all day.

Sat on two different juries. One was a murder case. Go do it and enjoy. It's a good experience that beats dicking around in an RJ all day.

I've done jury duty, twice and flying around in any plane is better then jury duty anyday.

I've done jury duty, twice and flying around in any plane is better then jury duty anyday.

Like anything, it's what you make of it. I like flying airplanes as much as the next guy on here, but it's also good to broaden your horizons a bit.

I'm surprised they used an airline pilot for a murder case. What did you tell them?

Latest resources

Back