• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Getting out of Jury Duty?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Honestly I'd love to get selected! I'm just in the dark as to how they go about sending the notices and all.

Mom just go TWO summons last week!

Honestly I'd love to get selected! I'm just in the dark as to how they go about sending the notices and all.
Try voting. Your time will come. I got my first notice from Colorado while I was stationed in Kenya. I told them that I would be glad to serve if they paid mileage. They excused me. The seond time was in Utah where I was slected for a three-day trial.

Hmm. Thanks for the personal exception to your indignation and indictment! No disrespect, but it sounds like this is a personal cross you bear.

Back to the original issue, do you comply with a summons for Jury Duty?

Simply put ... YES !!, Every time. Do you think that because you fly airplanes for a living you are exempt is some way. B.S. It's your obligation of citizenship.

TransMach

Try voting. Your time will come. I got my first notice from Colorado while I was stationed in Kenya. I told them that I would be glad to serve if they paid mileage. They excused me. The seond time was in Utah where I was slected for a three-day trial.

I heard that because a lot of people don't register to vote, many states are now getting prospective jurors from DMV records now. You have a drivers license, you can be called.

Any truth to this?

Why the resistence to citizenship?

Wow! Rez and I agree here! I'm going to mark my calender.

It is a duty as a citizen. It is one of the few that I believe is actually something you should feel obligated to do. I sat on a murder case last year that lasted a week and half. I much rather would have been out flying rather than sitting in that jury box. I didn't want to do it but I answered all the questions honestly and much to my chagrin, I was one of the 14 selected. (2 alternates included) It was an eye opening experience.

Just go do your duty and be thankful we have a country that does give you the option for trial with a jury of your peers.

Wow! Rez and I agree here! I'm going to mark my calender.

It is a duty as a citizen. It is one of the few that I believe is actually something you should feel obligated to do. I sat on a murder case last year that lasted a week and half. I much rather would have been out flying rather than sitting in that jury box. I didn't want to do it but I answered all the questions honestly and much to my chagrin, I was one of the 14 selected. (2 alternates included) It was an eye opening experience.

Just go do your duty and be thankful we have a country that does give you the option for trial with a jury of your peers.

What about voting? Voting particpation rates for US citizens are in the minority (less than 50%). Or is choosing not to vote a right? Is voting a duty?

Consider there may be consequnces for dodging jury duty, whereas there are no (personal) consequences for not voting...

What about voting? Voting particpation rates for US citizens are in the minority (less than 50%). Or is choosing not to vote a right? Is voting a duty?

Consider there may be consequnces for dodging jury duty, whereas there are no (personal) consequences for not voting...

Are you saying that voting should be mandatory and there should penelties for not voting?

Are you saying that voting should be mandatory and there should penelties for not voting?

I believe he's saying voting should be taken as a duty. I vote everytime I get the chance. I also get my absentee ballot due to the nature of the job. I feel it is my civic duty to vote as well. More importantly, I feel like I can not complain unless I become part of the process. While I have my misgivings about ALPA, I try to stay engaged in the process.

Latest resources

Back