• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Getting out of Jury Duty?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hmm. Thanks for the personal exception to your indignation and indictment! No disrespect, but it sounds like this is a personal cross you bear.

Back to the original issue, do you comply with a summons for Jury Duty?

America hasn't fought for its freedom since the 1770-1780s.

Do you remember 9/11? With freedom comes sacrifice. Has there been further attacks on U.S. soil? Where do you think the bad guys are?

Perpetrators of 9/11 were not in Iraq. Still weren't fighting for our freedom. Perpetrators of 9/11 don't hate our freedom. That's a phrase that the current administration thought (successfully) could persuade the weak minded among us. They had you going gung ho with chants like "Freedom" and "Bring it on." White house had a great marketing dept.

Our freedom was never under attack. Our foreign policy was.

Last edited:
Just man up and go. You're getting paid to sleep in your own bed, have dinner with the wife, and perhaps have a positive impact on society.

Heyas,

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Just go do it. It's interesting in it's own way, and you get out of your little circle of friends and meet your fellow citizens.

If your that desperate to still fly, take your laptop with you and load up MS Flight Sim and fly your simulated RJ in a "virtual airline" while you're waiting to get selected:rolleyes: .

Good grief, broaden your horizons and be a part of society...

Nu

If you don't go, you might be putting justice in the hands of some welfare bum. Of course the welfare bum that got the jury summons is thinking he has to serve so justice isn't in the hands of a regional pilot.

Seriously, before you serve DVR Judge Judy, Millian, Brown and the others to learn how the court system works. This will provide valuable information that you can share with your fellow jurors.

I have jury duty coming up. I was wondering if ASA can intercede and get me out of it.

Of all the pathetic, mealy-mouthed foolish things to ask.

It's called duty for a reason. Do it.

America hasn't fought for its freedom since the 1770-1780s.

Add 1914-1917, and 1941-1945 to the list also. If we hadn't gotten involved it's highly likely WW3 would have been a war to see whether Japanese or German would be spoken in this country.

Perpetrators of 9/11 don't hate our freedom. That's a phrase that the current administration thought (successfully) could persuade the weak minded among us.

Our freedom was never under attack. Our foreign policy was.
The biggest success of the terrorists and the biggest failure of our government has been to successfully define what all the fighting is about.

Only the "weak minded" believe Islamic extremists are peace-loving people who love our freedom, but who just have a little problem with our foreign policies, and if we just acquiesced a little, they'd leave us alone. Indonesia has little interest in the middle east, yet they are bombed all the time by Islamists. We had almost no presence in the middle east on 9/11, yet they killed 3000 of us. How did they react to the formation of a free and democratically elected ARABIC government in Iraq? With suicide bombs. You seriously believe that if we give them everything they ask for (like Israel tried to do for years), they would leave us alone?

The brutal truth is that these people looked at the widening gap in progress between their stone-age culture, and the freedom and wealth of the western world, and had some serious soul-searching to do. Either they had to admit that everything they had been indoctrinated in since birth was wrong, or they could still cling to their strongly held beliefs and tell their neighbors that the west was nothing but evil and had to be destroyed. If you can't build yourself up, then you tear the other person down.

It is the very destruction of our society, because it is free and doesn't follow Sharia Law, that the Islamic extremists seek, and it is our freedom and way of life that our servicemen and women are protecting. I guarantee that if we're not on offense fighting for it on the other side of the world, we'll be fighting for it on defense on this side sooner or later. Our soldiers fight for your ability to serve on a jury under U.S. law, not on a jury to determine how soon to stone someone who named a Teddy-bear Mohammed.

I have jury duty coming up. I was wondering if ASA can intercede and get me out of it. Anyone with any experience?

To answer your question exactly, no, your employer has to give you the time off to serve as a juror, that's the law. There are people that are exempt from having to serve, LEO's and criminals to name a couple but I don't think that includes you.

I came on this board a while back when I had been selected to serve on a jury and had asked if FFDO's counted as LEO's and therefore would excuse me from a jury selection. (BTW, it doesn't) Long story short, I went in, sat all morning, got selected and seated for a case in the afternoon. It was actually really interesting and taught me a lot about our legal system...(most of all I learned to not trust or use a public defender, totally worthless)

Go and serve as a juror, it's your duty as a citizen of this country, and I think that you will get a lot out of it.

I would like to reiterate the chance to serve jury duty. I showed up initially with the attitude of how can I get out of this? But I got selected and it was actually quite interesting and I am glad I served. That and I got to put a guilty perv on his stepdaughter behind bars for 30 years.

Latest resources

Back