• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Getting out of Jury Duty?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I believe he's saying voting should be taken as a duty. I vote everytime I get the chance. I also get my absentee ballot due to the nature of the job. I feel it is my civic duty to vote as well. More importantly, I feel like I can not complain unless I become part of the process. While I have my misgivings about ALPA, I try to stay engaged in the process.

I agree with all of that...But I only want people who educate themselves on the issue to get involved....I'm not interested in forcing people to vote who don't educate themselves on the issues.....

With freedom comes responsibility....The American Idol/Oprah/what's Paris doing crowd shouldn't be forced to vote.....

Many people who vote in ALPA elections have little idea of the issues involved and the stance of the participants....other than "what they heard from so and so"......

This shouldn't be a problem for most of you. Just be honest and tell them how racist you are. You'll be released from JD in no time.

I agree with all of that...But I only want people who educate themselves on the issue to get involved....I'm not interested in forcing people to vote who don't educate themselves on the issues.....

With freedom comes responsibility....The American Idol/Oprah/what's Paris doing crowd shouldn't be forced to vote.....

Many people who vote in ALPA elections have little idea of the issues involved and the stance of the participants....other than "what they heard from so and so"......

The main benefit of compulsory voting would be that it would dilute the extremes. Politics would be more centrist, and that is surely what we need these days.

Latest resources

Back