• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Getting out after 21 years

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
By the tone of all the replies, maybe ~~~^~~~ is wise not to releasethe FBO's identity... as far as not rocking the boat and stuff.

Heh.

I'll bet ya this airport is either in Massachusetts, New York, New Jersey or California. All blue states.

That sucks! What a world I'm bringing my boys into...I used to love it when my dad took me to the airport (PMP, FLL, TYS, DKX, etc.) just to look around. I guess those days are over.

Thank you Tom Ridge.

(Hey fins: tell us the airport and the color of the building...)

Moonfly201 said:
I'll bet ya this airport is either in Massachusetts, New York, New Jersey or California. All blue states.
Nope, this is a very Red state, in fact, in the district that sent Newt Gingrich to Congress, but that is all I'm saying. This FBO already went after AirNav.com for the negative posts put on their site by other pilots.

Typhoon1244 said:
That sucks! What a world I'm bringing my boys into...I used to love it when my dad took me to the airport (PMP, FLL, TYS, DKX, etc.) just to look around. I guess those days are over.

Thank you Tom Ridge.

(Hey fins: tell us the airport and the color of the building...)

Amen- Nowadays, if you go to your local airport and just sit in your car with your kids to watch the planes taxi by, you'll more than likely have a rentacop come question you and run you off. There was little of that crap years ago. Boy I miss the good old days.

~~~^~~~ said:
Nope, this is a very Red state, in fact, in the districtthat sent Newt Gingrich to Congress, but that is all I'm saying. ThisFBO already went after AirNav.com for the negative posts put on theirsite by other pilots.
Darn ... even the red states are starting this crap. Please, don't tell me Epps is the culprit.

Sol Rosenberg said:
Amen- Nowadays, if you go to your local airportand just sit in your car with your kids to watch the planes taxi by,you'll more than likely have a rentacop come question you and run youoff. There was little of that crap years ago. Boy I miss the good olddays.

Hell, I remember my Aunt and Uncle taking me up to CLE or CAK to the"observation decks". I even went up there with my (now) wife toCAK a few times. It was so cool...now...HAHAHAHAH yeah right...

What a shame...

Well man, I hope better times are ahead for ya, sounds like this FBO guy needs to go eat a d!ck...

-mini

Moonfly201 said:
Darn ... even the red states are starting this crap. Please, don't tell me Epps is the culprit.
No, not them. Pat Epps and his daughter Miriam, are still amongst the "good guys" in this industry.

~~~^~~~ said:
Other pilots have had their airplanes "evicted" and AOPA has done nothing to help them. Guess the FBO just got to my name on the list and now it is my turn to deal. People have been calling the FSDO since the airport was built with public money, that seems to at least get a response from the FBO.

After the threats made tonight, I am afraid to rock the boat. The guy literally said my airplane would be pulled off airport property if I did not comply. $125,000 airplanes don't do well with such treatment and it will be harder to sell if he damages it. The County supports the FBO operator because he holds the lease on the land.

Bottom line is that it just is not worth it any more to fly general aviation airplanes.

I am sorry to hear of your recent "aviation" experience. However, you seem to be awfully willing to lay down for these curs. Are you sure you still have aviation in your blood? Still a "real" pilot? (Real=flying also for fun.)

I am proud of my "blue" state, where we also have occasional idiots who run FBOs, though none I've seen approach this level. In our state, we are still allowed (yes, even after 9-11!) to hire a lawyer and seek justice through the court system. I suggest you see if there is an attorney to take you and the other pilots against these FBO fools.

Here are some problems I've seen with what you've described:

1)If you are renting a space from the city/fbo, they probably must demonstrate legal reasons for evicting you.

2) It is a violation of Federal law to intentionally damage an aircraft. Towing it off the airport, as you said, would probably do just that.

3) I don't know what the law says, buy I doubt they can just do what they wish with your airplane. After all, it is your property.

This illustrates why the United States has probably more lawyers than the rest of the world combined. We do not have fellow citizens; we have easy marks. We do not have customers; only two-legged cash cows. Let the buyer beware.

Seem like I've spent too long in aviation?

C

Latest resources

Back