• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Getting Helo ratings...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Actually i think heliflight in Ft-L is part 61 but i am not sure, but i did get my comm-heli add on with 38 hrs so... it can be done.

The Saint said:
One company that you might want to look into is Boatpix.com they charge about 100 buck an hr for r22 time cause you are working for them but the flying is cool. i got my comm heli-add on though heli-flight in Ft-Lauderdale got it done in 38 hrs and cost me about 6K. After that just to fly for fun i pay boatpix to work for them O'well flame on!

Here are the numbers $$ from a flyer I got in the mail last week from Boatpix.com:
  • Dual $210/hr
  • Solo $170/hr
  • Time building on photo missions $100/hr

Oh man, if only this thread were in a different category, the PFT discussion would be 10 pages long by now. As for the prices above, that really doesn't sound that much cheaper than what other people are quoting. Except for the PFT part. Wow. What a scam.

Flyin Tony said:
Do helos need a autopilot to fly IFR? I thought I read about this.

No, they don't. Autopilots in helos are only found in the high dollar equipment. It's not like you find in fixed wing.....autopilots in C172's and larger. You'd be hard pressed to find an autopilot in a helo that is not a multi-million dollar twin turbine. Autopilots are not as simple in a helo as they are in a fixed wing.

ANY IFR certified helo can be flown IFR without an autopilot, unless they are operating under requirements that would require an SIC but allow an autopilot in lieu of SIC. I think that starts when you have more than 8 or 10 passenger seats. Not common in helos.

Pax carrying under Part 135 needs either the AP or the SIC.

yes, boatpix, why would you pay to work? Is it that much fun?

Checks said:
Pax carrying under Part 135 needs either the AP or the SIC.

That only applies to IFR. Many helo operators are VFR only. The tour operators at Vegas/Grand Canyon, for example.

Latest resources

Back