• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Getting an Airline pilot job

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Another wonderful speller we have! Here at Chau-go-fak-your-mother-tapublic America we are hiring at about the same level everyone else is.

Oh, and thanks for letting us all know that you flew a 172 and a 182. Way to go Stud!

Now that's some funny a$$ sh!t.

And for the last part.... Quit downing the guy. He flew the RG in both models. That qualifies!

laughing greg
35 posts, coming from someone that isn't established, I will be ok with that.
I guess from a tool like that it's ok for the forum..

I know of a flight instructor who would like to apply for a job at a regional airline with the intention of some day becoming a pilot for a major airline such as Southwest or Airtran. Other than flying experience, what other traits or qualities do recruiters at the various airlines look for in an individual who applies to their airline?

Are you serious? This is either a joke or you are a raging homo. Either way you are FLAMING!!

I know of a flight instructor who would like to apply for a job at a regional airline with the intention of some day becoming a pilot for a major airline such as Southwest or Airtran. Other than flying experience, what other traits or qualities do recruiters at the various airlines look for in an individual who applies to their airline?

Well ASSuming this isn't a joke post (probably the wrong move on my part)I guess I will try to answer it. First get the regional job. Lots of those out there, go to the previously mentioned www.airlinepilotcentral.com to get the low down on each airline. After the regional job is in hand, fly a lot and have no life, the pain may be over faster that way. Although only if there isn't another big economic dump around the corner, then you will be stuck in the job you will grow to hate for quite some time. Upgrade as quick as possible. Get lots of jet pic. Hopefully college is already done, it helps a lot to have that box checked. Then once the competive mins are in hand for that sweet Airtran or Southwest gig, submit your resume and wait. Also make nice with all of you captains early on, know your stuff and do your job without a huge sense of entitlement. That will help you to get those letters of Rec for you chosen job, since who you know counts just as much or more than the quals. Lastly, sell soul.
Ta Ta -Friedaloo

laughing greg
35 posts, coming from someone that isn't established, I will be ok with that.
I guess from a tool like that it's ok for the forum..

I don't understand your post at all. Am I a tool for only posting in the double digits? I was hoping not being an avid web poster made me less of a tool.

Guess not in C182RG land.

Assuming your posted flight time is correct and you're a newbie student pilot, I will further assume this post is not a joke.

In which case, welcome to the wild and woolly world of aviation.

Both you and your instructor friend would be well served to check out jetcareers.com, where you'll find the answers to that and other questions without all the flaming that passes for sport on this board.

Best of luck in your flying!

Latest resources

Back