Getting an Airline pilot job

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

no1pilot2000

I know of a flight instructor who would like to apply for a job at a regional airline with the intention of some day becoming a pilot for a major airline such as Southwest or Airtran. Other than flying experience, what other traits or qualities do recruiters at the various airlines look for in an individual who applies to their airline?

Tell your instructor to make sure that when he ties his tie that he needs to make a precise "Dimple" right below the knot in the center. When companies send their recruiters out to scout out new blood, one of the requirements for potential interviewees is that they must tie their tie to specific standards.:D

Sorry I could not resist!!!!

laughing. Ok here it is.. you want to be a major airline pilot like Air tran or Southwest. Ok the 2nd would work but Airtrash.... OMG PLEASE..
You want to get into the airline industry with your hours. hmm try Crapwater (chititaco,qua), they will take anyone with a heart beat. Hell you don't even need your ratings.. just go to them now and tell the chief pilot you will shine his shoes.. he will hire you today.

Last edited:
laughing. Ok here it is.. you want to be a major airline pilot like Air tran or Southwest. Ok the 2nd would work but Airtrash.... OMG PLEASE..
You want to get into the airline industry with your hours. hmm try Crapwater (chitauqua), the will take anyone with a heart beat. Hell you don't even need your ratings.. just go to them now and tell the chief pilot you will shine his shoes.. he will hire you today.

Another wonderful speller we have! Here at Chau-go-fak-your-mother-tapublic America we are hiring at about the same level everyone else is.

Oh, and thanks for letting us all know that you flew a 172 and a 182. Way to go Stud!

I know of a flight instructor who would like to apply for a job at a regional airline with the intention of some day becoming a pilot for a major airline such as Southwest or Airtran. Other than flying experience, what other traits or qualities do recruiters at the various airlines look for in an individual who applies to their airline?

"You know this pilot"? Why doesn't he just ask the question himself? Unless you're "the pilot".

I would suggest researching airlines on www.airlinepilotcentral.com

Here's a serious answer:

A LARGE BANK ACCOUNT.

You'll work for peanuts the first few years. If you're lucky, this will repeat itself a few more times before they plant your pinebox in the ground.

Latest resources

Back