• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Getting an Airline pilot job

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
laughing. Ok here it is.. you want to be a major airline pilot like Air tran or Southwest. Ok the 2nd would work but Airtrash.... OMG PLEASE..
You want to get into the airline industry with your hours. hmm try Crapwater (chititaco,qua), they will take anyone with a heart beat. Hell you don't even need your ratings.. just go to them now and tell the chief pilot you will shine his shoes.. he will hire you today.

All be it a stretch to compare AirTran to SWA as a true "major," you should really realize where you are currently at before running your mouth.

ps. The attached mins...do they look familiar?
Shhhhhhhh...

Minimums: 500TT/50ME or 300TT/25ME for those with advanced jet training

I know of a flight instructor who would like to apply for a job at a regional airline with the intention of some day becoming a pilot for a major airline such as Southwest or Airtran. Other than flying experience, what other traits or qualities do recruiters at the various airlines look for in an individual who applies to their airline?

1. Gel-spiked hair (additional points awarded for frosted tips)

2. Backpack

3. IPod

1. Gel-spiked hair (additional points awarded for frosted tips)

2. Backpack

3. IPod

I hear this so much. I really hope I don't ever see some zero as above that's about to be a crew member on an aircraft I'm on. It would be very difficult for me not to get off and I most likely would. I hope they are provided with some sort of changing room far from public view. The real question I guess would be how do they slip through the hiring process and then once hired why are they allowed to shame their employers/the airline/humanity?

Because

. The real question I guess would be how do they slip through the hiring process and then once hired why are they allowed to shame their employers/the airline/humanity?
Because they are the only one available with over 500TT time that will work for those wages and can be in the next class. Simple economics, redefined competitive mins are breathing and comm./ME/Inst with the ink wet. I have heard in some cases you can be hired without a comm./me/inst if you promise to have one by the time class starts.

Wow. I wish I could take the pay cut and get on board. I've got just over 500 and like 125 of that is multi. I couldn't imagine being remotely competitive with ASA (I say ASA because I live in the Atlanta area) or someone like that with those times. I haven't flown in 2 years though. That wouldn't bode well I'm sure.

Latest resources

Back