• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Getting an Airline pilot job

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Man, these threads can be brutal. I remember posting a few honest questions when I started FI, and they called me a flamer along with a few other things. What can I say, I learned some things from it.

I don't see a minimum experience level for posting, and I could see myself asking a similar question a few yeas ago. So I'll respond seriously.

I'll agree airlinepilotcentral has some good tips. Especially that you should know the airline you're applying for. With multicrew and passengers, its very important to have a personality that people can get along with, with single pilot cargo, that might not be so important.

One airline interview I screwed up by not knowing enough about them. I thought they had a domicile/hub where I was living, turns out they just had a lot of overnighters parked there and a lot of flights throughout the day, but no hub. They seemed kind of turned off at my assumption. Bottom line, knowing who you're applying for shows preparedness, and preparedness is a key issue.

By asking questions on FI, you're showing that you are looking for this kind of information, and I really wish people would stop bashing on people for showing their inexperience.

It will take you approximately 10 years to get to a job that will allow you to start making QOL a goal in your job search. Pilots get hired at good places because they have Turbine PIC, you must build turbine PIC to have control over your career. You have to go wherever that job is that gets you turbine PIC. You stay in that job until you can get another job that gives you better turbine PIC, i.e. Bigger airplanes, Turbojet, 121, etc. It is called paying your dues everyone must do it. Some do it in the military, some do it at the regionals, and some do in the on-demand business. Everyone pays his or her dues.

Crap answers

I am trying to get some answers and all I get is **************************************** who can't give an honest answers.

Latest resources

Back