Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Get some B@@ls and turn off the seatbelt sign!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It's a courtesy when youre jumpseating or nonrevving to at least try to follow the rules....

And in flight crewmembers should as a courtesy at least try to do their jobs. Maybe if there were less numbnuts cruising around for 2 hours in smooth air people might actually look at the sign more...

Believe it or not, there is a strategy behind this. On ocean crossings at night (guaranteed hit or miss turbulence), most guys I fly with just leave it on because : 1) it's hard to predict a smooth ride and 2) every time you turn the sign back on, the automatic announcement comes on, and it's quite loud which wakes everyone up. Nothing worse than a seatbelt-sign-happy CA that keeps flicking it off then on 2 minutes later. Just leave the sumbitch on, nobody pays attention anyway.

I was non reving in an Airbus 300 one day getting bounced around a bit in some clouds over Texas. After 30 minutes we broke out into clear skies. The captain turned the seatbelt sign off and about 15 seconds later we hit a big jolt that almost took the carts off the aisle and everything on top was airborne and falling everywhere. Sometimes it is better to err on the seatbelt on side. Especially with the A300 with that stiff wing.

If we're going to save this industry from turning into Greyhound we are going to have to make it more pleasant for the customers. As pilots we can't do a whole lot, but when i see people just being lazy to cover their own backsides it ticks me off.

You know, the only ones who don't think this is Greyhound are the crews. The pax dress like scumbags, look for the absolute lowest possible ticket price then complain because there is no service. Pack 'em in, sit 'em down, and go. I so go because there is no shutting them up. Now I know the pay our wadges, but that doesn't mean I have to be happy with them.

Latest resources

Back