• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Get ASA/XJT Combined Seniority List

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ummmmmm, many of the XJT would lose around 5% while the ASA guys would gain or only lose about 1-2%. I wouldn't consider this "fair and equitable".

It is not fair and equitable and we both know it will not be a DOH integration!

Relative seniority will be the basis and in case of ties, either DOH or DOB will be the tie breaker. There will also probably also be some other minor accommodations such as not being downgraded involuntary etc.

In other words, it's not as simple as example shows.

Are you telling me that someone who was hired after my hire date at another "Regional" carrier deserves to be senior to me.

It is a valid point. If you do r.s then you would have some people at XJT hired years after said person at ASA who would then be more senior on a combined list. Then if you use d.o.h. you would have many ASA guys being junior to every XJT guy there is. So, what is the bright idea to overcome both negatives. Also consider many of these guys will move on in the next 5-10 years and not live out their career at this company. (unless they have always dreamed of flying for a super-duper regional airline!) In all seriousness, it has been and hopefully will remain a good company to work for.

In other words, free senority for time not put in.

How is it not fair? If you're 20% on the list before the merger and you're 20% after then whats the problem? Where have you lost? Now consider you're 20% before the merger and then you're 30% after....or you're 90% before and 70% after?

How is it not fair? If you're 20% on the list before the merger and you're 20% after then whats the problem? Where have you lost? Now consider you're 20% before the merger and then you're 30% after....or you're 90% before and 70% after?

I have no idea why we all are arguing over this. Someone other than us will decide it, and we MAY get to vote on it before it all is imposed on us. Basically, let's wait and see what happens, and not piss each other off. We are going to have to get along eventually, and it will be much easier to keep things civil if we aren't trying to screw each other now.

I have no idea why we all are arguing over this. Someone other than us will decide it, and we MAY get to vote on it before it all is imposed on us. Basically, let's wait and see what happens, and not piss each other off. We are going to have to get along eventually, and it will be much easier to keep things civil if we aren't trying to screw each other now.

I agree 100%. I hope no one thinks I was trying to be confrontational. I was just trying to point out the argument against a DOH.

You don't get to vote on a SLI.

I agree 100%. I hope no one thinks I was trying to be confrontational. I was just trying to point out the argument against a DOH.

Plus or minus 5% seniority is the most I saw on the make believe list. No one will see a 20% shift in the real SLI.

Latest resources

Back