• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Great,

All you need to know:

1) Sie akzeptieren keine Kreditkarten?

2) Ich habe einige Dollar- reiseschecks.

3) Hallo Sie da. Konnen Sie gerade stehen?

4) Ich glaube, er kommt wieder zu sich.

And my favorite,

1) Hey! es hort sich so an, als hatte er Deutsch gerlernt!

Of course none of this is "Swiss German" so be prepared to try again, only...slower!

PMVULB AvMgr said:
Und was hat das mit der Frage zu tun?

And what does that have to do with the question?

ErrFoil's initial question concerned alternate places to stay to the Noga Hilton as he had heard bad things about the hotel. I was suggesting that I still like the Glitter palace. G100Driver posited that many stay at the Hilton because of the English speaking staff. I submitted that although I could stay anywhere because I speak German and a little French, I still choose to stay at the Hilton.

Servus

GV

Since we are on the topic of Geneva, what is the name of the restaurant that serves just steak and fries with that green sauce AND what hotel is it next to?

Thanks.

empenage said:
Since we are on the topic of Geneva, what is the name of the restaurant that serves just steak and fries with that green sauce AND what hotel is it next to?

Thanks.

that's in paris- Le' Entrecote :)

Memories

We use to stay at Swissair's crew hotel, not to be confused with the Swisshotel. All I can say is WOW you should have been there.

Adult dorm life.....

OK, dann GREETZEE MITEINAND!

GVFlyer said:
And what does that have to do with the question?

ErrFoil's initial question concerned alternate places to stay to the Noga Hilton as he had heard bad things about the hotel. I was suggesting that I still like the Glitter palace. G100Driver posited that many stay at the Hilton because of the English speaking staff. I submitted that although I could stay anywhere because I speak German and a little French, I still choose to stay at the Hilton.

Servus

GV

Le' Entrecote

actually thats the name of the restaurant about 2 streets down from the hotel.

very very good food.

PMVULB AvMgr said:
OK, dann GREETZEE MITEINAND!

Ich glaube das ist Grüezi miteinand! :)

But who cares, anyways? Switzerland is all about chocolate, cheese and cuckoo clocks, right? In any event, that's the stereotype. But, truly, when it comes to Schweiz, Ich mag Osterreich!

Servus!

GV

Latest resources

Back