Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

errfoil

Greetings,

Trying to find a decent hotel for the crew for a 2 week stint in Geneva. Currently holding a reservation at the Hilton, but I've been hearing bad stories. Any recent trip reports would be helpful, we can go to 400US, 400 to 550US is more work.

Also, tips on killing time are always welcome.

Thanks

I stayed at the Noga Hilton, and it was like a place from an Austin Powers movie. Bright Colors, the beds were awful, and if you have a view looking over the pool area, it is very ugly, like living in a carny glass house. I have only stayed there, so I guess I am of no help. However, I went to several museums in the area. One was closed for construction in the earlier part of the summer. The museum I liked most had several really nice pieces and was a good waste of two hours. The catherdral in the historic district is beautiful, and I recommend a gander. Shopping there was plentiful, I just didn't see the point, as it was so expensive. Some of the best pizza I have ever had was around the corner from the Noga at a Restraunt named La Grappe D'Or. The owners or the two dudes in charge were brothers, and were very nice. The pizza comes with an egg sunnyside up in the middle of the pizza, and is oh so good. The gym at the Noga is 40 Euros a day, and is a rip off. I mostly just wandered around town, and thought it was nice to have only been in town for a week. Hope you have a good time.

Was in the Marriott last week. It is a nice hotel right downtown, next to the lake. Our price was within your price range.

Good luck.

We stay at the Hotel Geneva on Rue Du Cendrier. It's OK right next to the lake too.

2 weeks in Geneva...sounds like our department.

The noga hilton is just like duderino says. Green bathroom bright red everything in the room. I was expecting the bed to start rotating or something pretty soon. Internet is 43 francs a day and i had to argue to get my free breakfast as it states in my hilton Diamond contract.

Everything is gold or red. Really really weird.

You should see the hallways. All gold like bright enough to blind you.

Duderino good tip on the pizza. I'll have to check it out next time i'm there.

The women and everything else is expensive. :)

Oh if you're not driving a lambo I don't think they even let you into Geneva.

That was a year ago but i'm pretty sure that it didn't change. :)

Last edited:
errfoil said:
Greetings,

Trying to find a decent hotel for the crew for a 2 week stint in Geneva. Currently holding a reservation at the Hilton, but I've been hearing bad stories. Any recent trip reports would be helpful, we can go to 400US, 400 to 550US is more work.

Also, tips on killing time are always welcome.

Thanks

Greetings to you.

I am in Switerlzand myself right now. It is absolutly beautiful here. Tomorrow I am taking the train to Grindenwald. It is about 65 SFR roundtrip from Bern. The train makes a stop in Interlacken where you can get off if you want. Send me a PM and I will give you all the details.

We are staying in a small Swiss hotel right now in Bern. Incredible and we are only paying 168 SFR a night. You do not need to stay at a Hilton to get someone to speak english to you.

G100driver said:
We are staying in a small Swiss hotel right now in Bern...You do not need to stay at a Hilton to get someone to speak english to you.

Ich spreche Deutsch und ein bisschen Franzosisch, aber...I still stay at the Noga Hilton.

You didn't fly into Bern, did you? Pretty sporty. Enjoy the bears.

GV

Latest resources

Back