• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

General Virgin America questions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
We are our own worst enemies sometimes..Fubi is proof of that...

When is VRD going to be hiring again? With all the furloughs coming on, I'm sure it's going to be pretty competitive more so in the next few months.

Interviewing now. Hiring four classes of 6 each (24) announced between now and end of year. No announced plans for first of year but most likely will to support deliveries.

Anybody know about interview schedules. I got emailed an interview slot 3 weeks ago but it was such short notice I couldn't make it unfortunately.

Anybody know about interview schedules. I got emailed an interview slot 3 weeks ago but it was such short notice I couldn't make it unfortunately.

Cornelius,

How long ago did you initially apply? Did you have to wait a long time before you were sent the online evaluation?

I just applied recently and was wondering how long the process takes.

Thanks

With inside help it can be as little as 3 days.

Actually it was 4 weeks ago when they wanted to schedule an interview.

I put my stuff in with VA when they first started accepting resumes before their doors were open 1.5-2yrs ago?)

Soon after, they went to an electronic application so I completed that.

I updated my online application 3 or 4 months ago.

Not to change the subject..BUT...I've heard that UAL and CAL won't give VA jumpseats because they think of them as scabs bringing down pay rates for A320 drivers...I have to assume this is NOT true, but with ALPA carriers you can never tell. Has any VA pilots noticed this???

Last edited:
Not to change the subject..BUT...I've heard that UAL and CAL won't give VA jumpseats because they think of them as scabs bringing down pay rates for A320 drivers...I have to assume this is NOT true, but with ALPA carriers you can never tell. Has any VA pilots noticed this??? I think B6 was the begining of low salaries for a startup.

LOL..Are you serious? Do you know what a scab is? A "scab" a derogatory term used to describe a strike breaker. Who's on strike? I may not be the smartest tool in the shed but being called a scab doesn't seem fitting.

And to answer your question.....you heard wrong.

Last edited:
Yes your aren't the smartest tool. Did you read my post, I wasn't asking what a scab is or what a scab means, I was asking a question. A pilot I know said he was informed that commuting from PDX would be hard because UAL and another carrier was not accepting VA J/S because they think of them as scabs. I'm just asking if any VA pilots have heard of this. I wish guys on this forum would RTFQ before they spat off there mouth's. :smash:

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back