• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

boknowsASA

How long is the call out on Reserve?

Do they have long call?

Are most of your trips 4-days,3 days etc?

Is VA getting a new 320/319 about 1 every month?

Any idea if/when VA is making money?

Any idea how many 320's are on order?

Any idea how long upgrade is taking?

I hear the pilot uniforms are different whats so different about them?

How do you like working for them?

thanks for your time

BO

How long is the call out on Reserve?
2 hours
Do they have long call?

Not yet, but rumor has it it's in the works
Are most of your trips 4-days,3 days etc?
A mix of it all. 1 day to 4 days.
Is VA getting a new 320/319 about 1 every month?
not sure. I think we won't get any new birds till 09.
Any idea if/when VA is making money?
I hope so.
Any idea how many 320's are on order?
I think we get a handful more, sorry someone else can give you that.
[
Any idea how long upgrade is taking?
When I hired on in may it was a year or less. Now with the economic downturn its projected out to 2 years or so, but as we all know, it's a moving target.
I hear the pilot uniforms are different whats so different about them?

Think Johnny Cash. Black shirt, black pants. It's kinda vegas card dealerish. No hat, no tie. No flight bag. All of our airplanes are equipped with efb's so no hauling jepps and company manuals.
How do you like working for them?

Very cool so far. Virgin America has an awesome open door policy (at least what I've seen so far). Everyone from the gate agents to the inflight team members are happy to be there and it makes it a cool atmosphere to work in. I'm really enjoying it so far.

thanks for your time

BO
np

Don't forget merit promotion, $95 an hour Captain rate and the fact that you go to 1st year Captain pay upon upgrade.

You hear rumors about a lot of stuff, but without a union contract, they can change the pay, work rules and every other facet of your life at their whim.

The fact of the matter is, your highest paid Captain is making $100 an hour today and won't see the top of the scale for another 4 years, if you survive that long.

Its also a fact that upon upgrade YOU will work 6 years before you see the top of the scale. And that's only $120.

The coolest thing about Virgin is the ugly black unis make it easy for other airline pilots to shun you.

You hear rumors about a lot of stuff, but without a union contract, they can change the pay, work rules and every other facet of your life at their whim.

Ya know, if it turns out that our management starts changing pay, work rules etc., then yes, bring on the union. So far, it has not happened. Will it? I dunno, but if it does, I'll be right there saying bring it on. Until then, I don't think we need it and I like not paying union dues.
The fact of the matter is, your highest paid Captain is making $100 an hour today and won't see the top of the scale for another 4 years, if you survive that long.

Also true, for now, however things may change. If I had been hired at Alaska, United, or any other legacy I'd be looking at a furlough right now. If I was not looking at a furlough I'd still be in the right seat after 4 years. My crystal ball is as good as yours, altho I think you think yours is better, and my money is that we're here to stay!
Its also a fact that upon upgrade YOU will work 6 years before you see the top of the scale. And that's only $120.
Not a fact...a prediction......if after 6 years we still have the same payscales, I'd be surprised, but I'd also be looking for union representation. I don't see that happening.
The coolest thing about Virgin is the ugly black unis make it easy for other airline pilots to shun you.

No even going to comment. Good luck with that attitude though.

Fubi,

I thought your therapist asked you to refrain from internet chat sights. I recall years back you ranting and raving for months on the ALK yahoo message board. It is sad to see you back with the same old boring slurs. Last time around it was Fubi vs. Jetblue. We all know who won.

What dissapionts me most about your spewings is how easily you have been manipulated by the very management that has been giving you the shaft for 5 plus years now over at Alaska. Virgin, nor Jetblue, nor Allegiant, etc. had anything to do with your crappy Arbitration ruling. The employees of the for-mentioned have nothing to do with the unfortunate furloughs coming to Alaska either. And they defineately have no roll in what a miserable life you seem to have created for yourself.

I spent 10 plus years working for the air group, paying union dues. A couple things I know is for the most part great great employees at both airlines. Still I don't miss it one bit, not becouse of my former fellow employeess, but due to the high up management and their poor insight on employee-employer relations. Unlike you I was never distracted by who was responsible for the state of the industry and never shared a negative word to a fellow airline employee. I still spend many hours on Air Group airplanes every month, and contrary to your insinuations I have always been greeted in the professional and coutrious nature that I grew accustomed to during my ten years of employment with the Air Group. Sadly your name has been mentioned many a time and it has never been in a positive light. Which sheds a tremendous amount of light on your lack of character and mistreatment that you share with your fellow pilots. It's time to move on Fubi. Save us all hours of missery, due us all a favor and get out of the cockpit. The industry can be challenging enough nobody needs the added misery of being paired with you.

You sound like a fun guy. Do you say the same thing about Jet Blue pilots too (non union) or have you forgotten about them? Do you shun them too? Just because they don't have a union now doesn't mean they won't have one in the future.

Fubi says that about jetBlue, SkyWest, any airline that doesn't have a union. At least he did when I flew with him a couple of years ago. Some things never change. . .

Just notice how Q400 answers Fubi's posts and you can see who is more mature and professional. Fubi wouldn't make it past probation here....

Latest resources

Back