General Lee

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ERJFO

I have nothing agianst you as well as nothing mean to say but...

Why would a 75/76 guy at Delta browse the "regionals" forum? I always see your posts that sometimes border on the "rude" side geared to small jet pilots and I am just currious what your motivation and reasoning is to be involved in the "regionals" forum much less argue with those that frequent it.

Thank's for your response.

Because he loves getting the regional guys all fired up.... and they fall for it every time.

Notice he's ALWAYS on, and posting...

I bet he's a put-on...prolly a furloughed Delta pilot whose bitterness prevents him from getting hired even at Home Depot.

Or maybe he is a real-live 75/76 pilot-god, who happens to be a total loser...

ERJFO said:

Why would a 75/76 guy at Delta browse the "regionals" forum? I always see your posts that sometimes border on the "rude" side geared to small jet pilots and I am just currious what your motivation and reasoning is to be involved in the "regionals" forum much less argue with those that frequent it.

Looks like he might have flown for the regionals at one time by looking at his profile...

Given that the regionals interact with the majors and have increasingly gained flying "share" and are trying to gain more flying at the expense of mainline flying, it doesn't surprise me that he and other mainline pilots have their opinions. Wouldn't you be concerned if you were an ASA/Skywest/Comair pilot and other carriers like Mesa, TSA and even Jetstream 31 (Corpex?)operators were taking your traditional routes and ultimately threatened your livelihood? How would you react?

Although GL is a bit outspoken and crass at times, I appreciate his perspective. I would think that regional pilots would want to understand the opposite point of view (not implying that GL speaks for or represents mainliners at all). At the end of the day, this is a forum for opinions and facts (news related, etc.) and people's differing viewpoints should be valued. If you don't like his opinions, then skip over his posts. If everyone had the same opinion this would be a very boring forum...

Personally, I find his opinions well thought-out and a bit entertaining at times... I think some people are afraid to acknowledge some of the logic of what he says (not everything, but he does make some good points). That's my $0.02.

agree!

Heavy Set said:
Looks like he might have flown for the regionals at one time by looking at his profile...

Given that the regionals interact with the majors and have increasingly gained flying "share" and are trying to gain more flying at the expense of mainline flying, it doesn't surprise me that he and other mainline pilots have their opinions. Wouldn't you be concerned if you were an ASA/Skywest/Comair pilot and other carriers like Mesa, TSA and even Jetstream 31 (Corpex?)operators were taking your traditional routes and ultimately threatened your livelihood? How would you react?

Although GL is a bit outspoken and crass at times, I appreciate his perspective. I would think that regional pilots would want to understand the opposite point of view (not implying that GL speaks for or represents mainliners at all). At the end of the day, this is a forum for opinions and facts (news related, etc.) and people's differing viewpoints should be valued. If you don't like his opinions, then skip over his posts. If everyone had the same opinion this would be a very boring forum...

Personally, I find his opinions well thought-out and a bit entertaining at times... I think some people are afraid to acknowledge some of the logic of what he says (not everything, but he does make some good points). That's my $0.02.

Great post -- I agree! here, here, General Lee -- :beer:

No, GL gives you his opinion - which he acts like is fact, or he somehow speaks for ALL Delta or mainline pilots, and trys to belittle us lowly Regional pilots at every turn. I ask again, would any of you troll the Major board and give thousands of posts of constant drivel on your opinion of what a Delta pilot should do. It's overkill, the same message over and over, and what do any of you care what he thinks?

ERJFO said:

Well, first let me say again that I enjoy all aspects of Aviation and this industry. I don't really like getting a pay cut or going through bankruptcy, but overall I enjoy the job. I flew for a "commuter" (what it was known back then)--Midway Connection--out of Chicago Midway airport, so I have that backround. I know what it is like to have squat left after you pay the bills, and I also know the feeling of having a big paycheck and then watch it get cut by 47%. I have seen a lot happen, just like you have in the past few years.

I like to respond in all of the forums. I have posted questions many times in the cargo section, and a few times in the fractional area. But, I am more familiar with the Majors and Regional sections, and I have participated in both of them too.

Regardless of the section, I really respond to issues I am interested in. Most of the Major's threads as of late deal with the Southwest selection board, or Jetblue interview dates. I have fought it out before with Ty Webb at Airtran, but as of late we agree on a lot of things. I used to fight a lot with the Jetblue guys, and I still get on their case about transcon turns, but other than that I have noticed that their management runs the show over there. I don't seem to argue with many legacy pilots, since most are in the same boat as I am. I will respond to certain issues over on that side, like changing the retirement age to 65, which I think is ridiculous. Where does that leave me? I seem to wander over to the regionals board often (after looking at the Major board), and I am always amused at the sheer joy regional pilots get when talking about possible larger planes that would stunt their "normal" progression in this airline industry. I know not everyone wants to go to a legacy or even move away from a regional, but I always seem to want to say something. I have been there---flying props in krap weather at 5am. I did it. I know the difference between then and now. I like what I do now and I have an opinion. No, I am not a furloughed pilot on the sidelines. I fly the 757/767 for Delta, and I enjoy it. I want others to have the abiltiy some day to do the same if they want. IF they don't, that's fine. But, I have an opinion and when I see something I think needs a response, I give it. It is an open forum and everyone is welcome, and if you want to be like Dave Benjamin and ignore me, then go ahead. What I write is not dogma, it is an opinion. I enjoy all parts of this industry. I really do.

Bye Bye--General Lee

79%N1 said:
No, GL gives you his opinion - which he acts like is fact, or he somehow speaks for ALL Delta or mainline pilots, and trys to belittle us lowly Regional pilots at every turn. I ask again, would any of you troll the Major board and give thousands of posts of constant drivel on your opinion of what a Delta pilot should do. It's overkill, the same message over and over, and what do any of you care what he thinks?

Guys like you and Dave Benjamin can't debate me because you know I am right most of the time. Support what you say if you can. You usually can't, and resort to name calling or put downs. That is what people do when they panic. You aren't supposed to sweat when you type. I do not try to belittle any regional pilots, because I was there too. My thousands of posts have been fun for me (maybe me alone), and that is good. You seem to hate your job, and that suks. Let go of your hate, 79%N1. Breathe in, breathe out.

Bye Bye--General Lee

PS--I also have thousands of posts because I actually try to respond to all of the replies I get from my posts. Guys like Dave and yourself can't respond half of the time because of your lack of substance in your posts. That's too bad.

Last edited:
Phony Marconi said:
Notice he's ALWAYS on, and posting...

I bet he's a put-on...prolly a furloughed Delta pilot whose bitterness prevents him from getting hired even at Home Depot.

Or maybe he is a real-live 75/76 pilot-god, who happens to be a total loser...

Ok Phony Ministroni, am I really ALWAYS on? I never stop posting for a few days or maybe 4 straight days? I am glad you are monitoring everything I do. Are you a stalker? Are you a cowboy in Wyoming? Do you want to be? I knew it.

Yeah, I am a real LIVE (?) 757/767 pilot. I really enjoy it too.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Heavy Set said:

Thank you. I don't claim to know everything, but I do like to comment on everything. I enjoy debate, and some people don't like that.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back