• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Gemini Minimums

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If you can't afford the postage, you can't afford the job. Our CP rarely answers crewmembers emails. Do you want to trust your future to an email? If you want the job, spend the 41 cents. Otherwise, move on.
Maybe Cathay hires by email.

Last edited:
Hey, I'm just asking. I coulnd't find the e-mail on the company website. I was planning on sending my resume both ways. Thanks for the advice. It's going out via FedEx tomorrow.

If you can't afford the postage, you can't afford the job. Our CP rarely answers crewmembers emails. Do you want to trust your future to an email? If you want the job, spend the 41 cents. Otherwise, move on.
Maybe Cathay hires by email.

Settle down Grandpa. He was just asking for an email address. Lay off the caffeine.

Fog, Fedora, Vin, Rook...whoever works at GAC. Can you guys post the correct e-mail address to send resumes to. Got the postal address already. Thank you.

Here I got this right off the website. Try it out. For years I have advised people to email, fax and traditional mail. Be persistent and polite. If you need some additional help just pm me.

Applicants should forward resume’s to Human Resources at [email protected] or fax to (703) 260-3534.

Fdx

Hey, I'm just asking. I coulnd't find the e-mail on the company website. I was planning on sending my resume both ways. Thanks for the advice. It's going out via FedEx tomorrow.

Good idea...definitely don't send it UPS!!

Okay I want to address some of the points that VIN has mentioned. Granted this is my own opinion. We do have issues but a lot of the time it was you make of it.
If you want to fly domestic, Gemini (insert any ACMI carrier) is not for you. If you want to be home every three or four days Gemini is not for you. If you don't want to commercial more than 6+ hours Gemini is not for you.

Creature comforts?

We have plush, electric seats with recline and 20-35 years of butt-sweat collected in them!

Granted on the 10 but the 11 is no where near 30 years old, may be closer 12. Plus the 11s have bunks.

Catering, pick your local dish, Indian, African cusine at its nastiest, occasionally we get some mystery meat, could be dog, could be horse!

This is absolute rubbish, at least on the SAA contract. First class setups, with first class meals. Let me see my last leg the selection was Veal, Lamb or Chicken. Also included was a large sandwich and fruit tray.

What is this scheduling of which you speak??

The bid pack comes out the 12th of every month, you can choose if you want to work the first half or the second half of the month,

True

still 18 day lines always a carry in or carry out pairing(through the next month)

Not true. The majority are 17 day lines.

Bidding is essentially reserve,

Partially true. Depends on the A/C the DC10 has some hard lines as does the 11.

you may bid on known flying, assuming they publish known flying,

True

but realistically, you are always bidding reserve,

Not true.

RARELY will you ever see over 65 hours, so complain all you want, if you bid China lines and they send you to India, assuming no difference in guarantee, you are screwed!

True. We are starting to to see lines over 65 hours both on the 11 and 10. Premium pay for one of the AMC trips now. Wont say which one but the Gemini guys know. Also extra insurance.
Rmember we don't go to Cleveland three times a day.

Training- we will train you to become the most maligned, underpaid FO in the history of modern heavy jet transport,

This absolute rubbish. Granted our pay could be a lot better but we are not the lowest paid or most maligned.

you will find our training department and their attitudes fair, not impossible.

True. The majority are bunch of great guys who want to see people succeed.

Deadhead travel, I have traveled in airplanes as a pax as often as a pilot and trust me, it has gotten old FAST! NY to Johannesburg is @ 27 hours with lost luggage to boot...

How is having your luggage lost Gemini's fault. I have airlined all the way to Joburg from the east coast and yes it is over 24 hours. Because it was over 20 hours I took crew rest in FRA and it was all business class. Also you get to keep all your FF miles.

Hotels, my favorite gripe...
Right now we have a company issued AMEX card we pay for our rooms 90% of the time then submit an expense report at the end of your pairing to hopefully recoup your money in time to pay your bill, my last months hotels were @$4300. USD and I am still waiting for the reimbursment, check due to come from Gemini on the 10th...

I agree. I hate the AMEX setup. The hotels we stay at, for the most part are outstanding. Mostly 4 and 5 star hotels. The company is prompt and never missed a payment.

BTW, we go to Afghanistan, Saudi Arabia, Nigeria, Turkey, Kyrgyzstan, Bangladesh and about 10 more of the 25 most danerous places in the WORLD, for a white guy!!!

All true. I have overnighted in the majority of places with no issues. I even used to bid Lagos. Remember we don't go to Cleveland three times a day. I also remember not being able to land at the Detroit downtown airport because the tower was taking gunfire.

Hope you get your shots!

True, get your shots, but after you get hired because the company will pay for it.

This type of flying is not for everyone. Some people hate it so think long and hard before you come. If you are married and your wife is not self sufficent or wants you home every few days then this is not for you.

Over and out from South Africa. Wildlife park tomorrow.

Gemini wasn't really all that bad. The flying is fun, and the crews are great. The other stuff, that is a personal decision.

Latest resources

Back