• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Gemini Minimums

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Good post dojetdriver, but there are always exceptions. I cold mailed my stuff in without knowing a soul there. They took a chance on me and have been hating their decision ever since.:laugh:

True, but the question I have for you, did you have turbine PIC time?

I know three guys that got hired there by doing what you did, and got cold called for interview. For the people I know that didn't have PIC, the "who you know thing" is what got them the call. At least, that is what they tell me. And I have no reason to doubt them.

On another note, hey Fog, not really any of my business. But are you still considering the desert thing or what?

I see your point. Yeah I had some PIC jet.

there ya go with the classic understatement!

Hey, at least I got 5 days after IOE!

Loving it so far, just finishing up a great day in HK enroute to PVG.

Seeya.

Quick question for some Gemini guys. How are the airplanes furnished as far as creature comforts go? Catering? How is the scheduling? Do you guys bid on days on/off or trips of known flying? Can you bid reserve? How is training and how is deadheading handeled? How are hotels? Thanks.

Quick question for some Gemini guys. How are the airplanes furnished as far as creature comforts go? Catering? How is the scheduling? Do you guys bid on days on/off or trips of known flying? Can you bid reserve? How is training and how is deadheading handeled? How are hotels? Thanks.

Creature comforts?
We have plush, electric seats with recline and 20-35 years of butt-sweat collected in them! Catering, pick your local dish, Indian, African cusine at its nastiest, occasionally we get some mystery meat, could be dog, could be horse!
What is this scheduling of which you speak??
The bid pack comes out the 12th of every month, you can choose if you want to work the first half or the second half of the month, still 18 day lines always a carry in or carry out pairing(through the next month) Bidding is essentially reserve, you may bid on known flying, assuming they publish known flying, but realistically, you are always bidding reserve, RARELY will you ever see over 65 hours, so complain all you want, if you bid China lines and they send you to India, assuming no difference in guarantee, you are screwed!
Training- we will train you to become the most maligned, underpaid FO in the history of modern heavy jet transport, you will find our training department and their attitudes fair, not impossible.
Deadhead travel, I have traveled in airplanes as a pax as often as a pilot and trust me, it has gotten old FAST! NY to Johannesburg is @ 27 hours with lost luggage to boot... LAX to Taiwan is 16 hours etc. Your Chiropractor will have his hands full. Good news is If traveling to or from Africa or India, we try to get Business class if available.
Hotels, my favorite gripe...
Right now we have a company issued AMEX card we pay for our rooms 90% of the time then submit an expense report at the end of your pairing to hopefully recoup your money in time to pay your bill, my last months hotels were @$4300. USD and I am still waiting for the reimbursment, check due to come from Gemini on the 10th...
Good luck, you can have my spot when I leave!
Gemini could be a great company when our "Special" CEO steps down/resigns is indicted, whatever... Management is awful, Chief Pilot and DO are Great guys and are doing what they can to help keep morale up but it is a vertical uphill battle...
Good luck, meet some great aviators and get to the next lillypad ASAP!!!
BTW, we go to Afghanistan, Saudi Arabia, Nigeria, Turkey, Kyrgyzstan, Bangladesh and about 10 more of the 25 most danerous places in the WORLD, for a white guy!!!
Hope you get your shots!

Creature comforts?
We have plush, electric seats with recline and 20-35 years of butt-sweat collected in them! Catering, pick your local dish, Indian, African cusine at its nastiest, occasionally we get some mystery meat, could be dog, could be horse!
What is this scheduling of which you speak??
The bid pack comes out the 12th of every month, you can choose if you want to work the first half or the second half of the month, still 18 day lines always a carry in or carry out pairing(through the next month) Bidding is essentially reserve, you may bid on known flying, assuming they publish known flying, but realistically, you are always bidding reserve, RARELY will you ever see over 65 hours, so complain all you want, if you bid China lines and they send you to India, assuming no difference in guarantee, you are screwed!
Training- we will train you to become the most maligned, underpaid FO in the history of modern heavy jet transport, you will find our training department and their attitudes fair, not impossible.
Deadhead travel, I have traveled in airplanes as a pax as often as a pilot and trust me, it has gotten old FAST! NY to Johannesburg is @ 27 hours with lost luggage to boot... LAX to Taiwan is 16 hours etc. Your Chiropractor will have his hands full. Good news is If traveling to or from Africa or India, we try to get Business class if available.
Hotels, my favorite gripe...
Right now we have a company issued AMEX card we pay for our rooms 90% of the time then submit an expense report at the end of your pairing to hopefully recoup your money in time to pay your bill, my last months hotels were @$4300. USD and I am still waiting for the reimbursment, check due to come from Gemini on the 10th...
Good luck, you can have my spot when I leave!
Gemini could be a great company when our "Special" CEO steps down/resigns is indicted, whatever... Management is awful, Chief Pilot and DO are Great guys and are doing what they can to help keep morale up but it is a vertical uphill battle...
Good luck, meet some great aviators and get to the next lillypad ASAP!!!
BTW, we go to Afghanistan, Saudi Arabia, Nigeria, Turkey, Kyrgyzstan, Bangladesh and about 10 more of the 25 most danerous places in the WORLD, for a white guy!!!
Hope you get your shots!

There have to be some negative people in this world. I would say it depends how you look at it. I guess you hate the world anyway. If it's so bad at GAC then get out and stop bithhing online about it.

I was under the impression that the forum was only GAC flight crew members. I guess I was wrong.

It really is only intended to be for the Gemini pilot's (shame on you Van). I will address some of the issues that the VanMan has brought up later on. I have to get back to my 3 weeks off in a row, without taking a lick of vacation.
A lot of the places you go at Gemini are based on the a/c you fly. The 11 doesn't go to the majority of the"Garden Spots" that the VanMan speaks of. This month I have a hard line and will be visiting AMS, NBO, JHB and ACC. Personally I like it here. It is what I have always wanted to do.

Fog, Fedora, Vin, Rook...whoever works at GAC. Can you guys post the correct e-mail address to send resumes to. Got the postal address already. Thank you.

Latest resources

Back