• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

Gemini Latest

fogrunner

Total Time
8000+
A class of 6 DC10s F/Os and 2 MD11 F/Os just started.

Two more classes slated through the end of the year.

Gemini provides hotel and $1500 a month during training.

Reebo

Still working for HK
Total Time
Fog, thanks for the update and all of your help. still waiting by the phone :)

320AV8R

DUMP ALPA
Total Time
2 much

Last edited:

fogrunner

Total Time
8000+
Update

DC10 new hire class slated for October. Probably 8 F/O slots. I think this will be the last one for this year. Then again I have been wrong in the past.

Good luck to all......

rockhard

Total Time
Anyone know where the bases are for Gemini?? What's the scheds like.... 2 weeks on 2 weeks off???

Fred Rabahabitz

Total Time
GAC, from what I understand, still does home basing. I was with them for a short time and really enjoyed the company, crews, and trips. Most trips went out for approx 19 days and your time off was at your home base, which was very nice. I decided to move on when the company decided to mandate time off without pay when times got tough. After two consecutive "poor" quarters of low revenue and two weeks of time off without pay, it was time to find something better. Hopefully, with a union in place, their pay and business plan has improved.

fogrunner

Total Time
8000+
rockhard said:
Anyone know where the bases are for Gemini?? What's the scheds like.... 2 weeks on 2 weeks off???

Just do a search, there should be plenty of information for you to wade through.

Minimum days off 11. Average is 13, as many as 17 days off.

We turn more work away than we actually do. We have long term contracts with DHL, DAS, Air Canada, LH to name a few. We do a lot of AMC flying.

yankee22

Total Time
>8000
With homebasing at Gemini.... can you live anywhere or does it have to be within the continental US. IE: Could you live in Toronto, Alaska, Europe, ....etc. Just curious as to how this homebasing works. Thanks for any info.

yankee22

Total Time
>8000
Anyone..... anything... c'mon, someone's goota know something.....don't all jump in at once!!!

thunderworm

the Hoff
Total Time
you can live where you want the question is would they get you to work

General Lee

Total Time
A lot
Fogrunner,

What are you doing this month? Still doing the Aguadilla or San Juan to MEM, or the BRU to Lagos stuff? What about the big push for XMAS next month? Is Gemini doing a lot of that ad hoc stuff?

Bye Bye--General Lee

Drill Sgt. Dad

Fugitive Recovery Agent
Total Time
10000+
I interviewed at Gemini this past August. Never heard back, no rejection letter. I called HR and they said no decision was ever made. I went over to HQ and spoke to a few people there. Unfortunately, i found out the last class was 10/24 and there is no more hiring planned for this year. They informed me hiring may reusme spring of 2006 at the earliest, but was advised what I should do to follow up at the first of the year. I can either do that, or attempt to reapply.

PHXFLYR

USAir by default
Total Time
>0;<1
General Lee said:
Fogrunner,

What are you doing this month? Still doing the Aguadilla or San Juan to MEM, or the BRU to Lagos stuff? What about the big push for XMAS next month? Is Gemini doing a lot of that ad hoc stuff?

Bye Bye--General Lee

Hey General....

Delta get those "MD a lemons" up and running for your new Moscow service yet?

PHXFLYR:cool:

General Lee

Total Time
A lot
PHXFLYR said:
Hey General....

They are flown by 767-300ERs. Almost 12 hours Westbound I believe to ATL.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Fit59

Total Time
7000 +
PHXFLYR said:
Hey General....

Gotta love it when an Airbus driver knocks a McDonnell Douglas:laugh:

fogrunner

Total Time
8000+
General Lee said:
Fogrunner,

Bye Bye--General Lee

Hey General,

Did the Lagos stuff last month. This month I have been doing some ad hoc and AMC. In the last 7 days I have done BRU-SLC (operated), SLC-ATL-CHS (commercial), CHS-MVD (operated), MVD to some place in Honduras and then on to MIA (operated). MIA-LAX with a divert into AUS (operated). Tried to commercial back from LA on Friday. The A320 I was on developed a compressor stall shortly after t/o so they returned to LA. Commercialed back to MIA yesterday. That was my week, how was yours?

Draginass

Total Time
5000+
Not a very classy company to not give some word back to you, one way or the other, after an interview.

Drill Sgt. Dad said:
I interviewed at Gemini this past August. Never heard back, no rejection letter. I called HR and they said no decision was ever made. I went over to HQ and spoke to a few people there. Unfortunately, i found out the last class was 10/24 and there is no more hiring planned for this year. They informed me hiring may reusme spring of 2006 at the earliest, but was advised what I should do to follow up at the first of the year. I can either do that, or attempt to reapply.

fogrunner

Total Time
8000+
Draginass said:
Not a very classy company to not give some word back to you, one way or the other, after an interview.

Yea we are a bunch a of classless individuals. We don't even bother to take the dishes out of the kitchen sink before we pi$$ in it.

Drill Sgt. Dad

Fugitive Recovery Agent
Total Time
10000+
fogrunner said:
Yea we are a bunch a of classless individuals. We don't even bother to take the dishes out of the kitchen sink before we pi$$ in it.

Why should you? Isn't that's why they invented hot water and Parmolive or Dove liquied soap? Just kidding. I am going to reapply and see what happens.

Frank Towns

Lost and scared again.
Total Time
My wife always tells me I have no class, and I work at Gemini.